Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1947 rear seat mounts sheet metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1947 rear seat mounts sheet metal
    Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 1:13am
Looking for a picture or diagram of the rear seat mounts and sheet metal where the back legs of the seat attach to floor a few inches from the tail gate. My sheet metal is messed up and can not tell the shape of it. Thanks, Jimmy
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 3:48am
Jimmy,
If you look at my build thread, page 11. Part way down are a couple of pictures of my new, but painted to look old rear floor. You can see the front seat mount is just a loop of sheet metal over a divot in the floor where the front foot of the seat leg slides under. The back legs have spring loaded clips that hold the back legs in. In those two pictures my clips are actually mounted incorrectly. They should actually be mounted under the floor. The rear foot of the seat goes through a hole on the floor and into the clip. I corrected this later but don't have a picture.

http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/grampas-cj2a_topic16836_page11.html
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 8:01am
I'"" put a ruler to mine tomorrow and take a picture for you, I have the brackets out and holes exposed.
THEFARM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 5:03pm
Thanks to both of you looking forward to the pictures. Jimmy
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2017 at 11:36pm
Sorry for the delay, if this doesn't help let me know.

THEFARM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEFARM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 1:29am
Perfect. just what I needed. Thanks Jimmy
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2017 at 12:00am
I think that the seat mounting catch - with the flat springs and steel rollers was designed to trap grit and moisture, when rebuilding my Jeep I left them out. Just a maintenance headache waiting to cause me grief.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2017 at 2:33am
I think I'm going to use the MB rear seat setup on mine
 Post Reply Post Reply