Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1963 cj5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordSlappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1963 cj5
    Posted: 27 Nov. 2015 at 4:56am
Just bought a CJ and have a question for seasoned members.  It currently has an Oregon state generated VIN, since the data plate is missing from the firewall, and I am wondering if it has any ID elsewhere on the body.  I know about the serial number, on the frame, above the passenger shock tower area.  Will this serial give me information about factory options and such or can I send away for a built sheet.  I want to try to put it back together, as close to stock, apart from keeping the current drivetrain.  It has a fresh rebuilt 302 and T150 mated to the D18 case.  It appears to have been white, according to undercarriage paint remnants, but is currently lime green.

I may be a hodgepodge of parts since it has the basic m38a1 removable large trans floor panel and a willys tailgate, but is not a m38a1.  I am not sure what I have, lol.Shocked
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2015 at 6:12am
Photos would be a start. I know of now where to get a "build sheet" If there is a serial number on the frame that will at least give you a year and order of production.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
 Post Reply Post Reply