Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 19 May 2017 - 20 May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2017 at 1:01pm
Just for anyone tying to register via the website. The host has pulled their servers down for maintenance. It should be back up hopefully today or tomorrow.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 9:49pm
The website is back up and running!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 5:24am
Were you able to get your caterer signed on “Bob3b"? Let me know if you want me to spread around any flyers. It’s going to be great making one of these events.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 3:11pm
Yes, I got the friday night Dinner all set up. Thanks for the help. I'm going to try to send you fliers yet this week.

1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 4:47pm
Friday night dinner too? Cool...
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
BIG JOHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG JOHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2017 at 11:17pm
Im not finding a place on the website to sign up for the Friday dinner. I'm staying Friday night but I haven't registered yet.
BIG JOHN
1947 CJ-2A
1946 Bantam T3C trailer
2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 CC
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2004 Jeep LJ
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 8:47pm
Bob3b, I got the tri-fold brochures and will take a few around Nashville, Edinburgh and Franklin. Going on the presumption that lhfarmbt is in Columbus and will have that covered pretty well, let me know if you want to cover Nashville too, bit closer for you perhaps.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by BENSH BENSH wrote:

Bob3b, I got the tri-fold brochures and will take a few around Nashville, Edinburgh and Franklin. Going on the presumption that lhfarmbt is in Columbus and will have that covered pretty well, let me know if you want to cover Nashville too, bit closer for you perhaps.

PM sent
Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 7:41am
So, I am posting a shout out to all members on all the upcoming tour threads, in the hope that I can get some help shifting oversized parts across the country.

I will be in Vancouver, Canada, and surrounding areas (including Banff, and possibly Calgary) from mid-June to early July 2017. This is an opportunity for me to collect a few oversized parts and bring them back to South Africa with me as hand-luggage, which has multiple benefits to me, mostly related to saving the costs of international shipping of bulky items and potential damage of items en route. However I need to get the parts to Vancouver in the first place.

The items I am referring to are 
1. A steering wheel, currently located with a forum member in WI, USA.
2. A set of top bow main bows, currently located with a forum member in NJ, USA

If anyone from Vancouver/Calgary, or Seattle/Portland/Washington State area is attending any of the upcoming tours, and likewise anyone from WI or NJ, I'm hoping it will be possible to coordinate a hand-over these parts and get them ideally to Vancouver, or possibly Seattle or Calgary. I would be greatly indebted.

I have 2 months to hatch a plan, failing which commercial shipping to Vancouver is my next best option.

Please let me know if you are able and willing to assist. Thumbs Up

Best,

Mike
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 7:37am
Well, I’m NOT running parts to South Africa but was wondering if trying to sell a whole jeep at the swap meet is O.K. I have several other items I’m going to bring down that hopefully someone can use but I would like to sell my 45’2a and start working on the 3a in hopes of getting a bit more room.

I sure hope someone brings in a CJ6 so I can try it on. Sure like the 2a but I’m just to big and I’ve done to much work on it to start cutting things up just to move the seats back.

Edited by BENSH - 25 Mar. 2017 at 1:37pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 8:49am
Well, thanks to offers of help and feedback from members, I will be able to get the top bows from NJ where they are sitting currently to the Spring Willy reunion in Columbus IN.

So we are halfway across the country already!

The question is now if anyone from Portland/Seattle/Washington is going to be attending the Spring reunion and is able to take these back with them?
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by JeepSaffer JeepSaffer wrote:

...The question is now if anyone from Portland/Seattle/Washington is going to be attending the Spring reunion and is able to take these back with them?
I can get them to Lake Tahoe the last week of June

Edit:  .... or, I can take the to Las Vegas NV, or Moab, UT in two weeks if someone can bring them to me in Lynchburg, VA next week.

FWI, there is a thread on the forum for such logistics:

Edited by jpet - 24 Mar. 2017 at 12:29pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by BENSH BENSH wrote:

.......but was wondering if trying to sell a whole jeep at the swap meet is O.K....

Absolutely....I've sold three so far over the years I believe.Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2017 at 1:44pm
Thanks “rocnroll”, though I’d remembered someone picking up a jeepster at one fairly recent event, reckon he’ll bring it over with his 3b? 

Took some flyers around the parts stores couple days ago and the owner of one in particular got real excited to see this event coming to the area, started telling me all about his Whippit... 
   Think it’s safe to say he’ll be there!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2017 at 3:40pm
Thanks all for talking about this! And yes, whole vehicles are more than welcome at the swap meet.

Some recent additions to the show, Saturday, 11 am, Barry Thomas will talk about Newgren and Monroe hitches, and some of the implements available for each.

Saturday at 1 pm Scoutpilot will be talking about carb repair and rebuilding techniques and best practices.

As it stands right now, Dennis Caraway will be giving the presentation at the banquet, but may have to pass due to health. If that is the case, Paul Barry will step in to give Dennis' remarks.

Also, Paul and Dennis are looking for photos from past reunions, the older the better for them. Also, if you have photos, some info about who is in them and the year and location would be good.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2017 at 4:28pm
If Scoutpilot needs a WO to rebuild in his demonstration I'll volunteer mine!  Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2017 at 5:12pm
All signed up. Looking forward to the show. JeepSaffer aka Mike Udall is a really nice guy who is trying to accumulate as many of the parts for his project as he can. I have been working with him for a while now finding parts and stockpiling them until we have enough to warrant shipping without getting killed on shipping and fees. Right now he is down to just the top bows hence his attempts at getting help from forum members to get them to Vancouver. Any help you can provide will earn you "atta boy" points.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 3:35am
Hey Bob, what pig roast/dinner on Friday night? I'll come! What can I bring?
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>