Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

41 Willys price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 41 Willys price?
    Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 5:12pm
A VW parts/repair store by me has a 41 Willys MB that's in rough shape (like.... pretty bad).
The frame seems okay from what I saw, the tub needs some work but not a total lost cause, the engine looks toast but looks can be decieving.
This thing has a PTO, forward and aft output shafts, and a winch on the front.
Would $2500 be an outrageous price or a steal for a 41 min?

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 7:07pm
IMO what I see doesent look too bad, it still has the rear panel in the back and looks to be fairly straight rear floor holds water and it has a front floor, with a few "goodies" still present. It does appear to have a ribbed post war head. $2500 may not be a steal but not out of line but it's hard to say with the limited amount of photos.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 7:13pm
Its got badges on the glove box, check for numbers....a 41 is a rare thing and would be a slat grill?.

I think its a very good start.....
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
clayvt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clayvt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 8:03pm
I have nothing to add value wise, but it looks like an officer once owned it (blue base looking sticker on the bumper).
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 8:49pm
I have seen these types go for as high as $4500 because it's a GPW and because it is fairly restorable. $2500 would be a very fair price to get it for. First see if he's interested in selling and then try to get an idea of what he's thinking on price. The non GPW accessories add no real value from the GPW part of it. The value would be in selling them to someone who has been he right jeep for the parts?
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 10:37pm
The owner threw the $2500 price tag out there.
Is the PTO not a GPW item?
How much would the full setup go for if salvageable?

Hell if I can convince the wife I can sell it and the spare axles in order to recover costs it'd be worth it.
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by clayvt clayvt wrote:

I have nothing to add value wise, but it looks like an officer once owned it (blue base looking sticker on the bumper).

You know what's funny is I was an enlisted man for 13 years and that didn't even register in my mind. That's cool!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 11:52pm
Snag it.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 12:07am
Originally posted by 2t2-crash 2t2-crash wrote:

The owner threw the $2500 price tag out there.
Is the PTO not a GPW item?
How much would the full setup go for if salvageable?

Hell if I can convince the wife I can sell it and the spare axles in order to recover costs it'd be worth it.

PTO would most likely be a postwar add on. Was the PTO a twin stick (2 shiftlevers) ?. If you find that Axel buyer for $2500 please send him my way

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 12:45am
Oh, wait a minute--the first 25,800 or so MBs were slat grilles, but only the last 5,000 or so had gloveboxes and I don't think (but I'm willing to be corrected) those were 1941 models.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 1:24am
It appears to be a single stick.
I'd imagine an axle would get around $150, correct?
I'll end up having a 7 slot grille, front axle setup, MB front pumpkin cover, and a couple other parts to sell just from my 2A. I have no clue what any of the spare parts are worth.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2017 at 3:03am
From what I see in your photos that Jeep looks very nice, seat frames are there, at $2500 it may be a deal, as others said I do not believe it's a 41.

Axels are very hard to sell, at least in my area and your probably in the price range at $150

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 12:16pm
You know what? I was was just over on the "G" and I'm telling ya if you can get that thing for $2500 you stole it. Those guys are paying insane prices just for parts! I keep forgetting that Henry Ford being the dick that he was had every part stamped with the "F" script. Those parts are like gold. They're paying premium prices just for bolts. Hell I'll drive down and get it and I need another project like I need another hole in my head.LOL
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 5:18pm
I think it's time I grind the wife down towards the idea of another "investment".
 Post Reply Post Reply