Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

48 resto-mod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 48 resto-mod
    Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 8:36pm
I finally got the gas tank completed and installed!!
This is the first time since I have owned this Jeep, that it has been able to run totally self reliant! No external gas can required!!! Pretty excited about that.

Tank came out pretty nice too. I used POR15's tank coating kit on the inside to insure the rust doesnt get any further and to ensure any of my welds don't leak in the future. I still need to pick up some more wire loom to cover the sending unit wires.

Due to the body mods and tank mods, the filler neck didn't fit exactly as I would have liked it to, sits a little high, but still looks good.

Keith.Tracy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 8:46pm
One more,

This is with all the sheet metal finished. All bare metal is in the process of have paint work finished.

Shrom2a, thats the hood I bought from you.
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 8:46pm
What!  No more Wal Mart fuel cell?LOL

1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
CMShrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMShrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 8:57pm
Nice work! Love to see these jeeps built. You do nice work. You going to be a the PA Jeeps show this year? at York fair grounds?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 9:01pm
Thanks.

Not sure if I will have it ready by then. When is it anyway?
CMShrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMShrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 9:01pm
usually its in July I think. Not sure of date yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2012 at 9:02pm
if i get it finished it will be there
compyellow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compyellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 12:27am
Keith. Tracy I am glad to see pictures of you jeep again. Always impressive
PlacerWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlacerWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 1:42am
Looks Fabulous !  Clap

~~~~~~~~~
Will
1947 CJ2a 111xxx
1947 CJ2a 88xxx(parts donor)
tkelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 3:58am
Keith it is great to see this jeep again, I began my 48 after viewing yours,and have gotten some great ideas, 4.3, SM420 but very doubtfull my metal skills will match yours,  someday when I get the time to begin posting I will share, just what to let you know that this is one great build.Clap
If you do not have a choice be brave.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 4:04am
Sittin' pretty Keith ! Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 4:20am
Holy sh!t! That's one killer lefty! It's about time dude. This thing is amazing

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith.Tracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 4:44am
thanks for the compliments guys.

good luck with that v6 build tkelly. if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 11:50am
Looking good!

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
CMShrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CMShrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Keith.Tracy Keith.Tracy wrote:

One more,

This is with all the sheet metal finished. All bare metal is in the process of have paint work finished.

Shrom2a, thats the hood I bought from you.

Ive seen this on other jeeps but not a lot, what  is the purpose of the four hood latches. Mine only has two in the front. Is it just to hold it down for less raddle? Nice work on that hood BTW. Want to do mine next?Wink
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 2:08pm
That was kind of a factory upgrade or recall. The hoods have a habit of lifting up at speed and rattling like crazy.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
tfrazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2012 at 4:55pm
I wish i had sheet metal skills like that... looks awsome!
Ted
46 CJ2a
redwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2012 at 4:02am
NICE...One of the Best Resto-Mod I have seen on the forum,  inspiring to someone like me that thinks along the same line.  Good Job  and please post more when you get a chance.  Keep the fever going in all classes of resto or mod.  What we do today may inspire the saving of one more jeep.  Kills me to see rusting jeeps out in the field.  Take care KTracy.  

Tell me about your paint,  base and clear it looks like.  How many coats of each? and did you use a primer sealer?   Fill in the info for me would you?

Rule #1....Don't Ever take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time on the same night.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>