Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - '48 Willys Jeep....(aka The Lockjaw Express)....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'48 Willys Jeep....(aka The Lockjaw Express)....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 6:46am
I still like the Mexican blanket thing for seat covers. Works with the paint scheme and the tacos on the cowl. Just sayin' Thumbs Up 
Phil
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 11:20am
Love your seats,they look really good and comfortable.Great idea.

Giles
El Mariachi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Love your seats,they look really good and comfortable.Great idea.

Giles

Thank you, Sir...they really are VERY comfortable. Just hope we don't have to test out those semi-cheesy golf cart seat belts.....though they're actually installed pretty solidly. Used some big & thick washers on the back sides.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 3:41pm

waytay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waytay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 3:58pm
nice cj2a wish my 47 had been that good but cant complain to muchmines all original and yours appears to be and thats hard to findwish you the best of luck with it
watay
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 5:00pm
Nice work on that rad shroud.You have lots of imagination,in a good way.Keep up the good work.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Nice work on that rad shroud.You have lots of imagination,in a good way.Keep up the good work.

Thanx....but this is what happens when I have a little shop with some tools....and I get bored. Fr'instance, twenty two minutes ago I had an extra tool box laying around.....but now I don't.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by a4cj2a77 a4cj2a77 wrote:

I still like the Mexican blanket thing for seat covers. Works with the paint scheme and the tacos on the cowl. Just sayin' Thumbs Up 
Phil

Apparently.....someone else had the same idea. Hmmmmmmm, didn't even think these were made----but I like them....Cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 7:51pm
Alright, Phil......happier now?......Cool

a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2016 at 9:30pm
Wow, talk about the power of the pen. Didn't know how powerful these pages were and the speed at which you work. So I think that works with the wheels and body color, she is giving off attitude now.Thumbs UpThumbs Up I think you need to head out to the desert with us next weekend.
Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2017 at 10:20pm
All legal and officially on the road again.....🍻

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 1:42am
Great Jeep, really like your creativity.....So glad to see you didn't mess with the original paint. I talk to a guy with an original (green)1948 Indian chief,(show winner Waeson OH.) He said the judges told him original paint doubles the value. I know I'm comparing jeeps to bikes but I think the same thing would apply. Just thought I 'd mention that in case your considering painting. Joe Wadoyado
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 2:56pm
We've had at least a dozen people tell us that the current paint job on the Willys is probably worth more than the Willys......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 3:06pm
Finally got La Misses out and behind the wheel for the first time yesterday. She'll never admit but she actually likes driving her......

3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 4:57pm
SWEET 48!!!
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Mariachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by 3-48s 3-48s wrote:

SWEET 48!!!

Only you Kidz my age will remember Suzi.......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lk6kvVGPURA
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 6:35pm
Well now you did it! Looks like you will need to get another flatfender to replace the one your Lady is going to take over! LOL
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 6:26pm
Now you are ready for the Mojave Trail trip the end of this month. Wait a second, where are my seat coversCry
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123