Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Jeep Meet 2016 June 20-25th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Hills Jeep Meet 2016 June 20-25th
    Posted: 26 Dec. 2015 at 6:57pm
Funny how I was typing as Lee was posting. That's my Jeep buddies allright! To add to the announcement, I wish to have all my friends and new friends come and go Jeeping with us June 20 -25th. Weekends before and after, I'll be at your service . This meet is just that, a week of friends going Jeeping together, nothing more, nothing less. All who attend are responsible for your their actions, not me. Wink That said, I'm going to try and find you some entertaining  trails that you will enjoy. Here in the Hills, you drive on pavement, gravel, mud, trails, water crossings,  rocks, just about everything. I wish to share my playground with you. Details will be added on accomodations later. Please ask me all the questions that are on your mind ( not Lee) LOL and indicate that you wish to attend. That way I can plan. My home and grounds are open for free camping, portapotties, shop, hoist, tools, whatever, I'm here to be support to you.  This year I will try and keep my wife from trying to feed all of you . I'll need help with this. She wants all of you to not lack in needs---------------Carol is the best person in the world and is a very good cook. This year her responsiblities have changed and she now can go with us. ( she had to tend to her ailing mom who has now passed on) We miss her , but she is in a better place now.  So, let's go Jeeping huh? Let the discussion begin! Signed Oilleaker, Leaker, The General, or just plain John. 
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2015 at 7:26pm
Clap  I'll be there! The boss has already been told - yes, told, not asked. Big smile  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 12:17am
John,
Oh cool finally, the official BH announcement.
I will be there along with my wife Becky and possibly 2 of our kids.
I may need to ditch a few days and head into Pierre.  Would you be willing to let my M38 and trailer camp out on your place a few days if those plans come to fruition?
Brett

RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 12:47am
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

John,
  Would you be willing to let my M38 and trailer camp out on your place a few days if those plans come to fruition?
Brett

Don't worry pal, there's always a loose rookie or 2 around that need a jeep to break in on the trail!!Big smile

Edited by RICKG - 27 Dec. 2015 at 1:43am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 1:13am
John, I hear you on the meal thing. My 2015 BHR was my rookie year, didn't really know what to expect. Had a room at the Fleabag (sparse not even a coffee pot) and being a rookie left camping gear at home. I know better now.  The evening offerings were  splendid-only a fool would refuse that. Only Carol's benevolence stood between feast or famine. This year I plan to set up at the trailer lot behind Mom's with the big tent I had at the FCT for cooking and such, like to dutch oven cook, even fry BACON. Will still get a room at the Fleabag with railroad tie stairs, unless we're no longer welcome, seems one of our group polished his jeep with a room towel ,aint that right Lee, Tim? Still gotta meet the boys at the Hideaway for breakfast.  Thumbs Up

Edited by RICKG - 27 Dec. 2015 at 1:47am
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 3:36am
John, unless something unforeseen comes up Lori and I will be there. We will most likely be staying at the Elkhorn Campground again.
Glen
49 CJ3A
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 4:28am
John,  Ruthie and I will be there.  We would like to camp at your house again.  Will confirm our dates later. 

Tom 
64CJ5

64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 4:38am
Hi John:

Thanks for the announcement.  I'll be there with my Agrijeep for the duration, and I'll be camping at your place in my Alaskan camper on the back of my Dodge Turbo Cummins Diesel truck.  Can't wait to have some more jeepin' fun!  Smile 
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 2:02pm
Wow, I'm happy to hear from my friends. Glad you want to go and play with Jeeps. Brett, no problem , I may need to upgrade some of my parts so maybe we should store it in the shop , up on the hoist. LOL Rick, you know the drill, have at it. Glen, hope you can come. Fred, great! We have plenty of room for you. Tom you know the drill. This year our biggest problem is forcing my wife to stop trying to feed you all. She needs to go with us and just have fun. I hope to do some other restaurants in the evenings and we could even take Ellsworth the Deuce if you want. I'd be your designated driver. I sure enjoy just having you all here. Maybe I'll come up with some new challenges for you. Loudest fan was last year, we'll see. We have 6 months to get ready. John
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 4:20pm
John,
Ginny and I are on for 2016, but have a tent instead of living in the truck. We will set up wherever it is good for you. I'll rig up a rain cover this time!
Terry
BOULDER 48 2A
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 3:44pm
Hey John,
Not sure yet if I'll make it but will be in touch.  Tell Carol I am sorry to hear about her mom - always a sad stressful time for all.  But I am happy to hear she will be joining you on the trail!  Thank you for hosting this terrific event!
Tom
Tom
1949 CJ3A

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 4:09pm
John, Nancy and I are planning to be there for the week.  We'll camp in the big trailer again this year.  I think Kate is also planning on being there.  I'm thinking we'll be hauling two jeeps again.  We're looking forward to more muddy adventures, but hope for no more disappearing steering wheels!! 

You and Carol have our sympathies for the loss of her Mom.  We hate to hear of anyone loosing a parent, but we are also glad that Carol will now be able to join us each day on the trail. 

So how big are you planning to grow the BHR?? 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 4:50pm
Terry, good deal. Tom, I hope you and your little pals can make it. Mike, I'll look forward to you three again. I get nervous every time you ask me how big. I may need your help and expertice. The main thing is good friendship. I sure enjoy it all. Red mud is such fun.    . It shall be good huh? John
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 5:43pm
  John, I'll be there for the whole week, and I think Tiny will be too. I'll be staying in my trailer, so save me a spot. We may be coming up early, and maybe staying late, unless you're ready to run us all off by the end of the week!LOL   BW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 5:46pm
Bring Jeep/peace offerings.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 6:29pm
6 months seems like an eternity don't it fellas!
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

6 months seems like an eternity don't it fellas!
It'll be here before you know it! Tiny had better get busy, he's got a lot to do!  BW

Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2015 at 12:42am
Bruce is right I will be there and yes I have a boat load to do. Some how life is getting in the way along with the weather.
Tiny

48CJ2A
Tiny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>