Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run 2017! June 19-23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2017 at 3:18am

NO!, it's yellow or nothing, and not that eye piercing "Dora Yellow", it's a much more mellow and soothing yellow, more of a "Kates Karraige Yellow"    Also not round and not squair, just like the last years, and the year before, and the year before that. Also keep in mind, it maybe the last year for the sticker so they may have collector value as well.

Lee [/QUOTE]
You know I have seen streets named after guys like you. ONE WAY! If you're going to be that way I would appreciate a sticker in whatever color you deem as appropriate.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2017 at 4:08am
Originally posted by Grumpy1 Grumpy1 wrote:

NO!, it's yellow or nothing, and not that eye piercing "Dora Yellow", it's a much more mellow and soothing yellow, more of a "Kates Karraige Yellow"    Also not round and not squair, just like the last years, and the year before, and the year before that. Also keep in mind, it maybe the last year for the sticker so they may have collector value as well.

Lee

You know I have seen streets named after guys like you. ONE WAY! If you're going to be that way I would appreciate a sticker in whatever color you deem as appropriate. [/QUOTE]

Your covered!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2017 at 10:56pm
OK Oilleaker,

I got my release to attend the Black Hills Run.  Just want to catch up on a couple of things.
   Need to get my permit, gets me on any trail not restricted to 62 inches
        will hoe to hop a ride for those, there are only two, right?  Know what days
   Will get my reservations at Iron Horse from Sunday night thru Friday night,
   Trying to come up with some skinny wheels and tires but no luck as yet

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2017 at 11:20pm
Hi John!  Glad you are coming. There are two days of Centennial Trail that is for 62 inches or less. The other days we will take some trails posted "TR" which the permit is also required.  Only the two Centennial trails will be the "skinny ones".  If you can't find slim tires, I'm sure we can find you a seat. That seat will give you more time to enjoy the scenery anyway.  As to what days, I'll be watching the weather on that. There is a sidehill that if wet and muddy, is a no go. The bridge is where fat tires and spares will stop you from going over. The picture of my stock M38 says it all. 

We are 8 weeks out. I have one more day to plan, but may run one trail backwards and go up it. Then exit on a different route from the top of the mountain. 

Give or take a few, looks like 25 Jeeps. As usual some folks have circumstances that will stop them from coming at the last minute. 

I try and not spend too long each day. The  Black Hills are small enough that I can get away with this. Colorado and Montana are huge. You have to watch your fuel. Here in the Hills, it's much easier. We also seem to relish war stories back at camp. You guys are huge fun to Jeep with. I love it. Get ready, it won't be long now! Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 1:33am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

I have one more day to plan, but may run one trail backwards and go up it.  

Dang Oilly I don't want to try pullin a trail in reverse.. bigger mirrors mebbe..Cool
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 2:30am
Hey Guys, reading up and I'm sad I still can't join this year.  It would sure be nice to but got other obligations this go round.

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 2:53am
We'll miss you Brett -  family trip to the Oregon coast perhaps?
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 3:17am
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Dang Oilly I don't want to try pullin a trail in reverse.. bigger mirrors mebbe..Cool

Shocked I walked right into that one with both eyes open. Muley doesn't miss a thing.  See what kind of folks we have guys and girls?  Better not bring a trailer huh?  Clap 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 3:18am
We'll miss you Bretto! I'm sure we'll see each other on another trail, another time. Oilly
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 3:42am

Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Shocked I walked right into that one with both eyes open. Muley doesn't miss a thing.  See what kind of folks we have guys and girls?  Better not bring a trailer huh?  Clap 

I think Muley is just not very adventurous.   
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 5:30am
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

We'll miss you Brett -  family trip to the Oregon coast perhaps?

Bingo Tom
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Hey Guys, reading up and I'm sad I still can't join this year.  It would sure be nice to but got other obligations this go round.

I don't get to see my good buddy Bretto as often as I'd like..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 7:03pm
Hey John, what's your communications situation?  Do I need to bring spare radios for you or do you have yourself and Back-End-Bob covered this year?  I'm putting together my packing list and decided I'd better ask.   Right now I've got us, and Kate, outfitted.  No plan to bring spares unless you say so.   With 25 Jeeps, and traffic lights, we'll get spread out a couple miles pretty easily.  You're gonna need some power to push all the way to the back end of the line.  Bob will too to get a hold of you. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 7:43pm
Mike, thanks for the offer. You programmed a 8 watt Baofeng for me last FCT. That is back End Bob's radio. I have  my 4 watt Baofeng also so all we may need is one relay individual in the middle of the column. I have a couple of my earlier Cobras I can loan out also. We should be good. I'm also open to comments on anything I need to do more often. Maybe stop more. Carry more cookies, date bars, HBR's -------you knowWink

I think the usual guys also have Baofengs. Folks just seem ready to help. I like that. John
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 8:04pm
John, Mike 

I will have my Baofeng's (8 watt and 4 watt) and usually end up somewhere in the middle. Always willing to help as needed.
Glen
49 CJ3A
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 11:55pm

Mike, thanks for the offer. You programmed a 8 watt Baofeng for me last FCT. That is back End Bob's radio. I have  my 4 watt Baofeng also so all we may need is one relay individual in the middle of the column. I have a couple of my earlier Cobras I can loan out also. We should be good. I'm also open to comments on anything I need to do more often. Maybe stop more. Carry more cookies, date bars, HBR's -------you knowWink

I think the usual guys also have Baofengs. Folks just seem ready to help. I like that. John

Maybe some breakfast sandwiches and coffee
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Grumpy1 Grumpy1 wrote:

Maybe some breakfast sandwiches and coffee

Valet service to the Iron Horse.    Perhaps you could buy an old school bus, an extremely short one would be fitting, also be handy in the morning for breakfast.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 12:47am
A bus like this one!

https://youtu.be/37gmsBnixSo
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 36>