Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Border Crossing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Border Crossing
    Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 1:58am
How do you all ship parts from Canada to the US?And also from the US to Canada? I know it doesn't sound like a big deal , but I'm just wondering. I've talked to Fastenal and they won't mess with it due to Customs. Maybe We need a "Mule" to carry our parts across the border. Thnx Kev
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 4:01am
I've shipped many things to our northern friends, and had a few things come to me via USPS. You fill out a customs document at the post office, not a big deal. But on heavy things requiring truck freight it most likely gets spendy in a short order.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 6:56am
"International" Freight is very easy, I get bits from all over the world and have never had a problem, UK, Europe, USA etc.

Put 'Classic Car parts" on the customs label and that will cover 99% of anything related to the Jeep.

Unsure of your tax but there, here if the purchase is under $400 NZD inc freight then there is no sales tax.

So the idea is small packages often rather than trying to buy heaps at once.

I imported my Jeep body direct from the Philippines, soft top from the USA, all too easy.

Adrian
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 12:29pm
Huh ! That Was Easy. Thanks
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2017 at 1:10pm
US to Europe or Canada is not complicated at all. Shipping to South America can be complicated.

Edited by jpet - 23 Apr. 2017 at 1:12pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply