Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calling all Leftys!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2017 at 6:43pm
I got our lefty out of storage to bring to the Spring Reunion in Columbus, Indiana.  Been working on it (Brakes, Fuel, Fluids, Tires, Seals, battery, some wires, and on and on and on).   It is amazing what being parked for the better part of 12 years will do to a vehicle.    

I hope other Leftys will attend.

Stev 
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
longmontgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longmontgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:29am
Hi all! Many of you probably don't know me, but I'm WFB's daughter! I just wanted to chime in to say that dad's lefty is making its way to Colorado in just a couple of weeks! I'm carrying on the torch for Willy's in the Boyd family and couldn't be more excited! How many of the existing lefty folk are coming to the fall colors tour?
Emily   :)

'48 2a "Lefty" (WFB legacy)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 3:58am
That's cool.......Allen AND Sam represented in Colorado!
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
aforests View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aforests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2017 at 6:31pm
New to the forum and didn't realize I had a 'lefty' until i posted on the project page... CJ2A - Ser. 185785

Aaron
M38, CJ2A (lefty)185785, Overland Pickup
Project Thread:
https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/48-project_topic40731.html
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2017 at 6:42pm
Welcome to the club.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2017 at 6:51pm
Yes, congratulations on owning a rare vehicle. I sent a note to a mod on another forum to comment on the '48 he had just bought. "Nice Lefty, his reply was, what is a lefty?" I thought he was smarter than that.
uncamonkey
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2017 at 4:29am
Rick G hadn't heard of a Lefty until two years ago at the FCT when I parked next to him. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

Yes, congratulations on owning a rare vehicle. I sent a note to a mod on another forum to comment on the '48 he had just bought. "Nice Lefty, his reply was, what is a lefty?" I thought he was smarter than that.

I'm not sure I would put Lefties in the 'common knowledge' category just yet.....we all pick up new facts from time to time..

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 2:59am
All lefty owners must step up and get the word out. Only then will our vehicles command the BIG $$$ .👍😎
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
48 CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48 CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 4:38pm
I came across this post from Facebook and so I joined in.  I think I might have a lefty,  my VIn number is J-193223-A@181060   its on my title and I have not confired anything on the actual CJ.   I am very new to old Willys so I am learing every day.  
Thanks,   Erick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by 48 CJ2a 48 CJ2a wrote:

I came across this post from Facebook and so I joined in.  I think I might have a lefty,  my VIn number is <span style="color: rgb29, 33, 41; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; : rgb246, 247, 249;">J-193223-A@181060   its on my title and I have not confired anything on the actual CJ.   I am very new to old Willys so I am learing every day.  </span>
<span style="color: rgb29, 33, 41; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; : rgb246, 247, 249;">Thanks,   Erick</span>

Erick, welcome. First of all we all like pictures. I can't tell you squat about the serial numbers but somebody might have that information stored. As you can see in the pictures, on a lefty, the spare tire is mounted on the drivers side and the pockets for the top bows are on the passenger side.
uncamonkey
48 CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48 CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 5:04pm
Here's a photo,  just got it a month ago.  It is a bondo baby as they caked it on with a shovel.  I will check to see if it has the supports on the drivers side.  And will check the actually number plates and so.   My ID looks like the first part is motor number and 2nd part the serial number.  At least that is what I think and I think it falls into the lefty pattern.   Hope so but if not that is ok too :)   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 5:24pm
A picture from the passenger side would tell us more perhaps but on a lot of the 2As people took the bow pockets off. The braceing inside the rear fenders will tell you more. I don't care about Bondo. When I fixed my 3B I used anything from a 1" putty knife to a 16" drywall blade to apply it. I think I went through over a gallon of it.
uncamonkey
48 CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48 CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 6:46pm
No bow pockets on mine at all :(
48 CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48 CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 6:47pm
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 8:13pm
Lefty or not it's a great looking jeep.  Seems to have put a smile on your face. 

Nice find, enjoy 

Mike
48 CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48 CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 8:24pm
thanks,  it drove for the first day I got it and has been broken ever since. My 2 oldest kids drove it all day and loved it dearly.  They really connected with it and in turn it got me more connected to my kids.  my 11 year old daughter it was the first car she drove and it was stick shift!  She got the hang of it quick, I just put it in low gear and they just buzz around the property :)   Can't wait till i get home to see if it could be a lefty. That would be the cherry on top of this cool little rig that needs just about everything.   Cheers!
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2017 at 10:04pm
Another "Black Jeep of the Family".   Looks great!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>