Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can you guys smell this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

We did 5 turkeys in a deep fat fryer a few weeks ago. Good leftovers.

there were leftovers? LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 3:05am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

We did 5 turkeys in a deep fat fryer a few weeks ago. Good leftovers.

there were leftovers? LOL

There wasn't enough people around to eat everything.
I'll think about using the outhouse in UT story to fry up a Thanksgiving turkey one year.
uncamonkey
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 1:03pm

There wasn't enough people around to eat everything. 

Sorry...[sarcasm] There were leftovers? [/sarcasm] Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Thorfinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorfinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 2:04pm
Looks great!

Whenever I fire up the smoker the whole damn neighborhood comes nosing around. 
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 2:42pm
Looks great!  The bbq I can do here  but it sure is hard to get that Yuengling around here.  I had a buddy that was from North Carolina and would bring it back by the truckload for all of us.  He recently moved back to NC so my source is goneUnhappy
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Ryan_289 Ryan_289 wrote:

Looks great!  The bbq I can do here  but it sure is hard to get that Yuengling around here.  I had a buddy that was from North Carolina and would bring it back by the truckload for all of us.  He recently moved back to NC so my source is goneUnhappy

The Mrs. and I are doing the Picnic in Kempton, PA this June... on a Sunday.  We're going to head out early Saturday morning and head directly to the Brewery to take the tour Smile, and then go check in at our B&B...

"priorities", lol
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 2:54am
There is nothing as good as a proper pulled pork sandwich with Lexington sauce and slaw on a sourdough roll. I was almost cryin' - lookin' at those photos and my kitchen totally gutted in the middle of a remodel. But I will get this done, along with carnitas and tortillas al pastor when the kitchen is finished in a couple weeks.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 3:36am
I have a friend that has a smoker about the size of a shower stall that he built. He used to hang around 120Lbs of beef strips in it for jerky. We can't get him to do it anymore. The Salmon and bacon he did was great as well.
uncamonkey
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2017 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Mike S Mike S wrote:

There is nothing as good as a proper pulled pork sandwich with Lexington sauce and slaw on a sourdough roll. I was almost cryin' - lookin' at those photos and my kitchen totally gutted in the middle of a remodel. But I will get this done, along with carnitas and tortillas al pastor when the kitchen is finished in a couple weeks.

Carnitas now your talking! 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12