Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2016! - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2016 - 24 Sep. 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 37>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2016 at 6:01pm
Adrian, since you work for yourself, if we include some business along with the pleasure, can you write off the trip as a business expense?  BTW what is your business?  Maybe you should come here as part of a special project, or perhaps international development!! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2016 at 6:46pm
Just in case anyone was counting!

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2016 at 10:45pm
By the way, I here that "SOMEONE" is having a birthday!!  Have a good one!!Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2016 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Adrian, since you work for yourself, if we include some business along with the pleasure, can you write off the trip as a business expense?  BTW what is your business?  Maybe you should come here as part of a special project, or perhaps international development!! 

Mike we have an engineering business, servicing Vineyard equipment, forestry and earthmoving gear.

We do anything, anywhere, any place, anytime.

I do have a heap of US made gear, Lincoln etc.....what's made in Colorado that would be useful to a business like mine?

Adrian
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2016 at 11:57pm
Interesting, Adrian. I'm looking to start the first dedicated meadery in Idaho. Of course, with no grapes in it I won't need a vineyard...

At this point, my biggest issue is finding climate controlled space I can afford.
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2016 at 1:30pm
Adrian, we've got a large lumber/wood products mill just a few miles south of us.  I've toured it before.  I may be able to arrange a tour for you.  They are pretty creative with making products out of wood to fill niche markets.  We also have vineyards in Colorado.  Not sure of the location of the closest ones, but there are many on the west slope just hours away.  We do have a wine processing business in Salida that might be interesting to tour.  I've got a good Jeep friend who is looking to start up a small portable sawmill business.  I just had lunch with him yesterday after looking at several portable bandsaw mills.  And I know the local Forest Service Foresters quite well, so if there are any logging operations going on in the valley, we may be able to tour them as well.  Call it a Professional Exchange for ideas and technology.  The ideas you could take home may include new techniques for using the equipment that's already out there.  And you may find some piece of equipment that fills a need for your customers back home.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2016 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by russnj russnj wrote:

Seriously Russ??!!!  This is a cool clock!  But now I'm worried that I might not start the tour on time!

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2016 at 1:51pm
I'm sure you'll have the snooze button worn out by September
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by russnj russnj wrote:

Very nice!  However it looks like your start time is 11pm. These guys should be responsible for NOTHING after sundown.  lol!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2016 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Adrian, we've got a large lumber/wood products mill just a few miles south of us.  I've toured it before.  I may be able to arrange a tour for you.  They are pretty creative with making products out of wood to fill niche markets.  We also have vineyards in Colorado.  Not sure of the location of the closest ones, but there are many on the west slope just hours away.  We do have a wine processing business in Salida that might be interesting to tour.  I've got a good Jeep friend who is looking to start up a small portable sawmill business.  I just had lunch with him yesterday after looking at several portable bandsaw mills.  And I know the local Forest Service Foresters quite well, so if there are any logging operations going on in the valley, we may be able to tour them as well.  Call it a Professional Exchange for ideas and technology.  The ideas you could take home may include new techniques for using the equipment that's already out there.  And you may find some piece of equipment that fills a need for your customers back home.
Thanks Mike, all very interesting, I have my own small farm/forestry block and I am sure that some of the gear you talk about would be great here, the portable mills especially.

I will PM you, very hot night here, 4.30am and still 17 degree C outside, was 32C today,  Finally got the Jeep running well and will continue the road tests today, fresh oil and coolant.

Back to bed for a few hours....

Adrian
Early Sunday am
NZ
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
JeepRobbins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRobbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2016 at 8:50pm
Looks great. Being a first timer, where do I get details?
JeepRobbins
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2016 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by JeepRobbins JeepRobbins wrote:

Looks great. Being a first timer, where do I get details?

I'll be happy to answer all your questions right here on this thread.  A read through of last year's thread will also provide lots of answers, as well as photos and videos of what to expect.  I would recommend doing that first, then if your questions are not answered, post them here and I'll make sure you get a good answer. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
canthve2many View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canthve2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 2:19am
Made reservations today, so the '49, my wife Luann and I plan to be there. Really looking forward to the trip. Thank for putting this on.
--Dave
Dave

'47 CJ2A
'49 CJ2A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2016 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by canthve2many canthve2many wrote:

Made reservations today, so the '49, my wife Luann and I plan to be there. Really looking forward to the trip. Thank for putting this on.
--Dave

Dave, I'm looking forward to meeting you and Luann.  If you are trailering your jeep, you are welcome to leave your trailer, and jeep, here at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch during your stay here, and use your tow rig to drive back and forth to your hotel room.  I hope you're ready for a great adventure! 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2016 at 8:18pm
Only 211 days left - don't know if I can hold out that long!
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2016 at 3:40pm
We had dinner with Ron (willytj), our high adventure tour guide, and his wife Amy, last night.  We talked about new jobs (for them), and their new home that's under construction, and some jeep tour opportunities that Ron would like to lead.  I'm excited about the adventures that Ron will take some of our visitors on.  One in particular we talked about would be a two day trip, requiring the group to stay overnight somewhere along the way.  He and I may have to test run that route sometime this summer to check it out to see if we want to do it this year.

I'm looking forward to getting Bruce and Ron together this spring to talk about planning out our routes and exploring some other ideas.  This should make this year's FCT the best one yet. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2016 at 6:23pm
should make this year's FCT the best one yet. 
-------------------------------------------------------------
That does it.  Jane and I will be there.  I better start getting my jeep ready.......................
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2016 at 4:07am
Mike Said, "I'm looking forward to getting Bruce and Ron together this spring to talk about planning out our routes and exploring some other ideas.  This should make this year's FCT the best one yet."
Say when and where, Mike, and I'll be there. Just remember, some of us still work for a living, and the next three months (my last three Clap) will be very busy.  Bruce
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 37>