Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Computers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Computers
    Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 6:28am
I don't love them but I have to use them. I started out in 1973 with them so I sort of know the system. I don't like the Win 10 because it keeps wanting to talk to me as I am doing other things and try to sell me something I don't need. I have 4 of them around here, 3 work, 1 is used as a door stop.
uncamonkey
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 7:11am
I just use a laptop, 13” Mac Powerbook Pro hooked up to a larger external monitor. I’m not very proficient but eventually muddle through I learned on a Mac and took a couple classes at the community collage in the early 90’s for digital imaging and desktop publishing. Quark and Photoshop were only available for the Mac at the time.

Worked as a county Veterans Service Officer for a few years and had to use their PC’s to file claims with the VA and stuff, very frustrating to cross-platform at that time. Now I run the Microsoft Office programs on my Mac and use WORD quite a bit since it is so universal.

No doubt the computer is much more convenient for my purposes, which is mostly hobby, but I do keep personal inventories with photos and stuff, which is a good thing. I also have a site on SmugMug that allows me to share family photos with everyone regardless of their location. 
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply