Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 44>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by sparky13 sparky13 wrote:

Hey JeepFever.  
What for roll bar is that and how do you have that top fastened to your windshield?  I like the way that it looks on your Jeep.

The rollbar was already on the '2A when I got it.   I have always assumed it was a stock CJ-5,  because it looks a lot like it,  not sure though.

If I remember correctly,  that bikini top is made to fit original windshield mounting method.  It has oval grommets in it,  that fit these twisting fasteners:

I bought that top over 25 years ago,  I am amazed that it still is in good shape.  Definitely high quality when made.  

sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2016 at 5:49pm
Thanks for the reply. Does the roll bar have a plate between the front and rear bars? it would be welded to the bottom of the bars. 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
sparky13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec. 2016 at 5:54pm
Hey JeepFever.  Do you have a build thread on your Jeep somewhere? 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2016 at 1:03pm
Awhile back (page 14) I posted a picture of Grunt and I getting ready to go runin and gunin after some wild hogs here on the airport. Thought I would include an update so here is a picture from today. Times have changed and the anti hog operation has changed with the times. The hogs are no longer conducting battalion, or brigade, sized operations. A combination of frontal assaults by Grunt, along with new runway and hanger construction, has broken the enemy down into squad size and even individual attacks. And, interestingly enough, G2 is reporting that any remaining enemy units appear to have moved into town, where there is strict gun control. Strange how even pigs can figure that out isn't it!!

T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
LUIS MORALES View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2016 at 8:04pm
hello.. her work. decorate my garage Tongue
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2016 at 8:30pm

Earlier this year putting up a camper shelter with RWILLYS.

RWILLYS (Space R)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2016 at 1:04am
decorate my garage
and haul 75 years of history.

Avis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2017 at 4:32pm
Dont post on here much... but I should. 

Here's my 46 pulling around my dads 53. 

Edited by Avis - 06 Jan. 2017 at 4:36pm
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2017 at 1:22am
Luis, I really like that Willys truck pictured with trailer behind it. Can you tell us more about it? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2017 at 12:24am

hi, it´s a 62 with the 226 original, put the windshield divisor from an older truck  because I really like the look,  I make the soa lift, the tranny is a t98 from a gladiator whit a reversible pto to drive a ramsey winch keep the original transfer d18, the front differential is a dana 44 (4.10 and disk brake)from a HI scout whit the right knuckle from a dodge truck in order to keep the original steering box, the rear end is a dana 44 from a dodge and use a simulated floated hubs, the tires are 7.50-16 on combat rims, seats are from a m750 kaiser, use two separated hand brake levers to help the track lock. have a nice day,  

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2017 at 3:55am
Luis, that truck sounds fantastic!  Do you have more pics of it?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 10:55pm
hello, more pics,  custom bed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 10:59pm
double lever for the handbrake. natural canvas interior,  check the transfer case levers about 6 inches back due to the bigger t98 tranny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 11:02pm
the rigth knuckle from a dodge in order to use the original steering box.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 11:03pm
kaiser m715 seats,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 11:06pm
super hurricane 226 and air filter from a cj2a 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUIS MORALES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 11:12pm
the tires NDT 750-16 on combat wheels, simulated floating hub. this truck is very special for me,
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 8:27am
Nice truck!!  Thanks for the pics!  What's going on with the M715?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 44>