Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

flat fender Clubs in BC lower mainland?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GibsonSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flat fender Clubs in BC lower mainland?
    Posted: 04 Aug. 2012 at 1:30am
Anybody know of any flat fender clubs in the Vancouver / Fraser valley area of BC? Any  forum members in my area? Just wondering because my wife is getting sick of talking about "the jeep"Big smile The only clubs I have found seem to be more for hardcore off-roading.

Edited by GibsonSG - 04 Aug. 2012 at 1:32am
46 CJ2A #39059 (in progress)
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2012 at 5:07am
Glad you asked, Contact Lew Ladwig on this site or better yet the IFFC. (International Flat Fender Club) And you can start your own!!! I am the South Carolina, USA SCFFC President, and when I started out, I thought there would be no interest. Let me tell you , I have made more new friends, and been more places than I had ever imagined would be. We need the Canadians on board. There are alot of post on these pages from the Great White North. I know Canada has provinces, so maybe claim yours. You can be the President of your Partol. Trust me, watch what happens.......Thumbs Up
Rustynut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustynut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 5:58am
Hi GibsonSG,
I don't see too many BC Flat fender owners jumping in here so I thought I would be the first.
I just acquired a 1946 CJ2A about a month ago. I am located in North Vancouver so a fellow lower mainlander. Our Jeeps are fairly closely related as well my serial is #32324. I was told by the previous owner the jeeps original owner was located in the interior of BC but not sure exactly where.
The engine in my Jeep is the stock 134 L head but it has had a factory rebuild by Kaiser Jeep of Canada in Windsor Ontario apparently in 1968 so its almost brand new and lots of Canadian content.
If you are interested in talking just PM me and we can chat.

Cheers, Rustynut
1946 CJ2A #32324
The Fez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 6:43am
I'm also in North Vancouver (Deep Cove) and own a 1947 CJ2A #106000. The jeep has been in our family since the mid-60s and I am currently getting it fixed up to a road-worthy condition. Just picked up a package from Walck's today so I should be working on it over the next several months, although we just acquired a 74 VW Westfalia so it has suddenly climbed up the priority list. 
Dennis Braam
North Vancouver, BC
1947 Willys CJ2A https://sites.google.com/site/willyscj2ajeep/
Rustynut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustynut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:40am
Hey there Dennis,
Maybe we can form the Deep Cove Willys clubs as thats where I am located as well.
Your CJ looks sweet. I guess I saw your web site before but didn't realize you were so close.
Send me a PM if you want to swap stories.

Rustynut (Randy)
1946 CJ2A #32324
Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2014 at 7:51pm
I live in Maple Ridge and am about to restart my rebuild after moving locations multiple times. I am a member of 4WDBC but there are really no Lower Mainland/Vancouver Willys groups. Maybe we can all meet up one day and just talk about our CJ2A's and such.

Edited by Smith - 28 Sep. 2014 at 5:00pm
Serial #106163 Body#106168 1947 CJ2A "SLOW TUG"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2015 at 3:07am
this may seem a bit late but i am in maple ridge too, i am working on a 46 cj2a  and would be interested in a local club if there is someone that is thinking of starting one up, my willys started out as a large pile of parts that i have been slowly putting together over the last two years
The Fez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2015 at 4:11am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

this may seem a bit late but i am in maple ridge too, i am working on a 46 cj2a  and would be interested in a local club if there is someone that is thinking of starting one up, my willys started out as a large pile of parts that i have been slowly putting together over the last two years

So that's two in Maple Ridge and two in the Cove. We ought to figure a way of driving around the top of Indian Arm to meet up.
Dennis Braam
North Vancouver, BC
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2015 at 5:48pm
i am not quite at the driving stage yet but lts great to see there are others out here with some of the same interests with the old ff, the chassis is almost complete and am now neck deep in the body work, i think the toughist part is not knowing what i am missing or if i had the right part for my willys, lots of tryall and error or fabricating the parts. coffie at tim hortons and talk about the 2a and potencial adventures with the jeeps
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov. 2015 at 6:13pm
i was looking at some of the other posts for the clubs and it looks like there is enough in the ariea to form a parade with Gibson from Mission to Fez and Rusty nut on the north shore and Smith  and myself in maple ridge, hav any of you been to the mission fathers day in the park with the 2a?

Edited by shadow - 27 Oct. 2017 at 4:08am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2015 at 10:30pm
I live in Cherryville, and follow three of the flat fender forums. The 2A page, 3B page, and Haines garage.  I would imagine that you all have seen that I am holding a flat fender rally from the 17th of July to the 24th 2016! If anyone is interested, get your name on the list on any of those sites!  Thumbs Up
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2016 at 4:51am
Well had to source out my Willys rebuild as work life got to hectic but hope to have rolling chassis by end of January. Could see if the other half would let me out for a week in July to look at other flaties as would be a nice road trip. Hope to meet the BC Patrol one day in the near future.
Serial #106163 Body#106168 1947 CJ2A "SLOW TUG"
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2016 at 6:30am
I'm brand new to the Willy's world. Just started tearing down my recently acquired cj2a (92889).

I'm in Tsawwassen. If a club gets started I'm in.
If anyone is heading to the ferry terminal or the new mega mall when it opens, feel free to drop by.

Jon
15 Field RCA
The Fez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2016 at 3:56pm
Welcome to the Willys world, Jon. I'm at the complete opposite end of you (located in Deep Cove) but get out to the ferry occasionally as my daughter works at UVic, so at times I'm out in your area. My vehicle isn't road worthy yet but that is my aim. 
Dennis Braam
North Vancouver, BC
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2016 at 6:33am
yes welcome , its looking good seeing more lower mainlanders with the 2a and by the sounds of it we are all in a simular position on restoring but not quite ready to roll, spring is on its way and i am getting back to working on the willys
The Fez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2016 at 6:45am
"Spring is on its way". It's mid-January. That is so West Coast Canada.
Dennis Braam
North Vancouver, BC
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2016 at 5:17am
just excited to get started on the jeep again, i have been cleaning out the garage making room to start on the body work , i like it when i can move around without wacking a shin or backing into somthing harder than my head
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2016 at 9:55pm
Just posting on shows and get together's  about the rally, and the dust scarfs we will have for sale!
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>