Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLATFENDER SATURDAY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2016 at 7:50pm
I like the Willys PU......but I'd really like to bring the Chevy (far right) home!  A '39?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2016 at 2:05am
Darn Guys now you are making me want to make a trip over your way and go jeepin with ya all.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2016 at 1:50am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

I like the Willys PU......but I'd really like to bring the Chevy (far right) home!  A '39?

yep it's a 39.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2016 at 1:56am
Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

Darn Guys now you are making me want to make a trip over your way and go jeepin with ya all.

All Flatfenders are welcome might just have to make the march run a event/get together ..
I would also really like to attend a spring fling,one of these days.
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2016 at 4:19am
You better and I will try to get up your way someday soon.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 4:46am
Oops Flatfender Monday....not Saturday
Finally got the heater installed under the dash of my 3B and was ready for a snow day. Plan was to go to my Dads right after lunch for some jeepin.
It was 2 degrees that morning so afternoon seemed like a good idea.
I went out to the shop about 10:30 to pull the jeep out.checked the oil, little low went to add some 30wt, wow thick as 90wt... looked at the thermometer in my shop 15 degrees!!!!
Started up the jeep and when I let out the clutch,in neutral the jeep wanted to surge forward! The 90wt was really thick.
Drove it out of the shop and let it warm up, the newly installed heater worked great

Now for some lunch and off for adventure.........then the jeep stumbled and started flooding no matter how much I tapped on the carb the float was stuck back into the shop, pulled the top of carb.. removed float,slosh-slosh had gas in it, TITANIC float!!!
Thought about pulling the float off my other jeep,then remembered a recent post where Bruce W used the term titanic float..that's where I learned the term. From that post the fix is to drill a small hole,drain the gas out soder hole shut, then dip in boiling water check for bubbles.
Called Dad told him I was running late and would call after making repairs and eating lunch.
Drilled hole drained gas, sodered hole, dipped in hot water... no bubbles ??? Maybe when I heated it to seal hole I drilled it self sealed the leak??anyway reinstalled it, ate some lunch and headed out
Get about 1/2 mile out of town,call Dad tell him I'm on my way be there soon
Get 1 mile out of town and hit a roadblock / woolly traffic jam!

1000 sheep where coming my way!!!
I pulled over and waited.

They brushed up against the jeep as they pasted rocking it slightly.

They just kept coming! And coming!!!

Well to make a short story longer
Finally made it to Dads.
First order of business install tire chains.
I dug them out of Dads jeep and borrowed one pair.

Now this is my kind of snowmobiling

Oh man it was so much fun busting through the snow tire chains clattering.
I found 2nd gear low range the best choice for me all out pedal on the floor.

If you've never churned though the snow about to be stuck at anytime, you should try it.

Took the chains off and headed home another adventure done.

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 10:15am
Wow! Great story and photos! Thanks
Rick Estes
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 12:43pm
Ben, I'm glad you're not "sheepish" LOL. Cool pictures which reminded me of my high school days. When school was called off due to bad roads and blizzards, we loaded up shovels and chains and headed out for some Jeep snowmobiling. Much fun. I got to ask, are there old antique trucks and cars everywhere you go???????????.  Shocked Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 2:32pm
We where snow wheelin on Dads property, so yes there's old trucks and cars every where!!
He has spent all his life collecting them, still has his first pickup a1950 gmc that a farmer gave him , when he was 14
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 2:45pm
Looks like me trying to get out my driveway sunday!Unhappy 
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 7:53pm
Wow looked like an amazingly fun time with your dad! Thank you for sharing!
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2016 at 8:54pm
Ben, does your Dad adopt? I'd be a "very" good brother Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
R P Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R P Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2016 at 9:28pm
Wow, that looks fun. We do get a little snow where in North Carolina from time to time, mostly freezing rain. However I have had her in a little snow before. Looking forward to doing it again. Tongue Tell me How cold was it that day in the most recent photo's??  
1948 Willys CJ2A with M38 windshield.
1994 Chevy S10 4x4
2002 Ford Ranger Off Road 4x4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2016 at 1:29am
It was around 18* that day for the high,
But around 4pm when I took the chains off and headed home the temp was dropping fast.
Made me glad I had installed a little 12v defroster for the window,it was icing up pretty bad on the way home. found the defroster at harbor freight worked very well.
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2017 at 2:19pm
Good times and great pictures. Thanks
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 12:51am
Flatfender Sunday
A friend and I, went for a little jeep adventure on Sunday afternoon,Near Parma Idaho.
Was great to get the jeeps out and be able to drive them, after the long winter but there were still a lot of snow out there that's for sure.

My friend drove his sweet cj3a. And me in my cj3b.

And I found a deep snow drift to get stuck in

Didn't even try out my new winch. A

A quick tug and we were on our way.

Clint, broke Trail through this section, we figured it was safer, that way if he got stuck we could use my winch to get him out,he made it with no problem and I followed his tracks.

Turns out the last 8 feet to the gravel road was the hardest part of the whole trip.
The berm the snowplow had made was frozen really hard.

Probably would've made it,if I would've had my tire chains on my tires instead of hanging on my front bumper
And if I would of used my good idea from earlier I wouldn't of got my jeep with the winch
Stuck in front of the other jeep. A guy in a pickup came along and pulled me out which saved some shovel work..... Clint almost made it but got stuck as well.

I pulled him out, and we called it a day

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 19 Feb. 2017 at 12:55am
pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 1:36am
awesome! thanks for sharing
Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 2:16am
Always enjoy seeing photos of your adventures Ben! Thanks for stopping and taking them. ( Or who ever you with who does take them!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>