Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Update
    Posted: 05 Aug. 2014 at 4:32pm
theCJ2Apage is full of great information, pictures, stories, etc. However, I've found it's pretty difficult to find what I'm looking for sometimes. When I first found the forum I knew instantly it looked pretty dated. My suggestion would be to possibly switch it over to a vBulletin website. I know this costs money, but I believe it will only benefit the community.

vBulletin has a more organized look and feel to it. We could select someone's profile and find their started threads. I read someone created a wiring harness, but couldn't find it very well through the profile system. We could have a gallery section divided up by categories such as: stock, mod, conversion, vintage photos, etc. Somewhat like this: http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/

The forum sections themselves are great. It's just that so many priceless pictures and builds have been hidden in pages. With a gallery feature, everyone could set up an album and tell the story with pictures, for someone who isn't interested or have time to read 20 pages in a thread. That's just my 2 cents Smile
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2014 at 4:53pm
I like to read.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Richard J View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2014 at 8:21pm
rocnroll x2
Richard
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2014 at 10:31pm
Using the Advanced search you can find threads started b y any member.   I think that you should learn to use the various features of the Advanced Search before deciding that you cannot find things.  each bit of software has their own methods and you must learn them in order to use them effectively.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2014 at 3:28am
The gallery is my biggest wish, I love scrolling through pictures.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm sorry.

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2014 at 6:27am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

The gallery is my biggest wish, I love scrolling through pictures.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm sorry.

I don't think any offense was given.Personally I like the way it is set up. Although there is times I wish I could instantly find things and it takes me a while to find it.
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2014 at 2:42pm
Nick,

No offense taken!
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2014 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by samcj2a samcj2a wrote:

Nick,

No offense taken!

x2

Feedback is always welcome!

You can try the google search on the homepage.
http://www.thecj2apage.com/

There you can use all of the google search terms.
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/136861?hl=en

I might try to integrate it with the forum.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
 Post Reply Post Reply