Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Doing actual work with the jeep..Add your photos!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2014 at 9:39pm
It's not a problem for a Willys .
Here is how we move our Sherman every day !!!!!!
Big smileConfusedPinchWacko  LOL
Rj
Old Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 12:16am
Mike C, the jeep pulled the bigger boat well. In fact I was quite shocked how well it towed the boat up hill on the road. I was expecting it to struggle with the weight. I was also surprised the 9" brakes could stop all that rolling weight. Clap
46 CJ2A 29488, Harvest Tan, Sunset red wheels.

99 TJ.

2015 Ford Kuga Ecoboost.
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2014 at 10:05pm
We have a bunch of bamboo (not the nice stuff) and three times a season I cut it down, by hand. It's always a sweaty, dirty job, but this year, I decided to try pulling it all down at once using a rope and Woody. It ran up the left side, but still pulled it over, so I'll try it again next time. Not bad for the first time. Now I'll reset the rope and when it's high enough, just give it another  ration of "rope scythe"!

1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
Judo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Mike Gardner Mike Gardner wrote:

Building a off road track at work.

what kind of tire and wheel setup are you running?
xpkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xpkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 12:25am

My cj2a does quite well towing our 20' searay, even up a very steep driveway. Was a little concerned about going down the drive with the boat but the surge brakes on the trailer actually help out the 9" drums a great deal. I wish the jeep stopped that well all by its self.
'47 CJ2A #102471
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2014 at 3:24am
While most were enjoying the summer reunion we were hard at it moving a wood pile and trimming trees. My daughter and dogs enjoyed a ride to the burn pile.

Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
Daniel_Buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2014 at 3:28am
looks like a nice summer day with the jeep!
2a #40500
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2014 at 3:37am
It was a very good day, my wife thought I was goofing off with the willys, turns out she was right.
Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
SYLVANWILLYS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLVANWILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2014 at 10:26pm
I owe Charlie Jeep a picture of how I attach the saw to the tree delimber and I made a couple of modifications and went after another branch from a neighbor's tree that was encroaching.   Some pictures below:

The modifications were to add the back vertical boards (2x6s) and attach a come-along, as well as to replace the 10" bar with a 16" bar.   The come-along made the toughest part of the job (raising the 38 foot boom) a lot easier and now no need for the hydraulic ram, except to initially pick up the base like a plow and drive to the location.  With the long bar on the come-along it also gave the ability to very slowly let the saw drop/cut the limb

Was enough stress to bend the two 2x6s as can see in the picture, so I added some reinforcement via the back bumper

The whole thing has been trial and error but is getting better (and safer) as it progresses and was able to get this limb out at 32 feet vertical from the tree on the right.  

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 1:51am
The rest of the fleet congratulating 'Frankie' on bringing home this year's Christmas tree. LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 2:07am
That's great roc. Apparently Frankie's engine problems were less than you thought?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 2:20am
It's still got problems but is running.

The not running part we traced down to the converted Chevy/Ford dizzy trying to come apart. (the points plate had loosened and closed the points.)

Still have a steady 'tink' 'tink' 'tink' that I'm really wanting to be valve related but haven't had time to do any internal teardown (or hopefully just an adjustment).....it really sounds like something else though.

Good to have it so I can at least drive it around a little and move it when I need to though.

It was roughly a 20 mile round trip to the tree farm and it's holding the oil pressure it always has.

Edited by rocnroll - 30 Nov. 2014 at 2:22am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2014 at 1:28pm
Nice photo.

It does look like the fleet is greeting him home. Smile
hickory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hickory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2014 at 2:41am
Here is a picture from this summer, right before drove around giving it to the neighbors.
Hickory 

gostby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gostby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2015 at 8:56pm
Putting away lawn furniture. No need to rush into anything.
gostby
gostby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gostby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2015 at 2:31am
Doing a little pruning and hauling.
gostby
Daniel_Buck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel_Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2015 at 2:34am
Gostby, that's a beautiful jeep!   I love the look of these jeeps with the windshield completely removed.  But I have to ask, why on earth would you do that when it's so cold out!?  haha!
2a #40500
gostby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gostby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2015 at 2:41am
Danial_Buck: It's not cold out, today's high of 51* beat the old record set in1886. If you want to feel cold put your toe in Lake Roosevelt. Not much warmer than the glaciers from where it originates.
gostby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 44>