Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canvas tops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time4fishn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2012 at 3:08pm
thank you
nateizzymoxi
Joe B. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2012 at 3:33am
Hello
Like you said,we don't know what life will bring,but put me down on your contact list.
Thanks
Joe
'46 CJ2A South Texas
Time4fishn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time4fishn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2012 at 5:39pm
how do you do that, through the membership add as a buddy? 
nateizzymoxi
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2012 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Time4fishn Time4fishn wrote:

how do you do that, through the membership add as a buddy? 

You can look through this thread and tell me what you want:
Dusters.
I don't do 1 piece dusters anymore. Only 2 piece. You can post your request or PM me.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
mario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2014 at 10:44am
This looks like a pretty old thread. I am interested in the top pictured. Did you decide to make them?
mario View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2014 at 10:48am
The canvas bikini with additional back piece is inviting. Are you making them? how much? delivery times?
Mario
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2014 at 11:05am
You might try a PM to him.
CJTWOA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTWOA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2016 at 5:04am
Are you still making tops?
As always: thank you.
Giddy Up View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giddy Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2017 at 3:36am
Yes, Jpet is still making tops. I just got a half cab from him and the workmanship is out of this world. The stitching looks fantastic and it fits perfect. I just need to fit the doors and will then post some pictures. I am very impressed with the end result. And the smell, I can't get enough of it. I will not go anywhere for a canvas top, than Jpet. If you want to make contact with Jpet, I would suggest a PM.
1946 Willys CJ2A #41921
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2017 at 11:17pm
Jeff, or anyone else here I've been looking for black straps. I'm working on my top and need to anchor it. Are black straps available and if so do you have a link?
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2017 at 11:32pm
If you want nylon straps, you can get them from any marine fabric store. I get mine from sailrite.com. If you want type III cotton webbing, I know Beachwood has some.

Did you get your motor fixed?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2017 at 4:15am
Jeff -- I would buy one. That is what we used to call a 'Summer Top'. I would need to find some bows...

BTW, I have waxed cotton canvas seat upholstery (Martexin dark tan). Could you make me a top with this material if I sent you the fabric???

PM me if interested in discussing.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
FWS5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FWS5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 12:23am
1st choice: THIS but have the rear vertical piece (from top down to body) wrap around curve of body tub and come forward along side toward front a few inches.

2nd choice: This with zip off side curtains (with windows if possible). 

3rd: I know you said no "full tops" but a zip out rear window would also be great!

thanks
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2017 at 2:28pm

Hey ya'll,

I know that this is the 2a page put thought you might like to see what my son made for me recently. I had purchased a bikini top last year but got wet and froze on the FCT. Not anymore!

Check out the new doors and 1 pc. wrap around curtain. I still need to put the common sense fasteners in the canvas but I am really happy with the design. The doors have no metal frame so I can just strap them in place when I want them open. The doors zip to the 1pc curtain. I will get some more detailed pictures as soon as I finish the fasteners.

Tumbleweed

Edited by tumbleweed - 01 Aug. 2017 at 2:30pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2017 at 3:42pm
I'm lovin' that top Tumbleweed.  Clap  Excellent work!
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2017 at 3:51pm
Very nice.....great job!   

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2017 at 3:54pm
Thanks Tim and really good to hear from you. Sorry about butt dialing you a number of times! Dang iPhone has a mind of its own. My son really did a fantastic job. Can't wait to get to FCT in 2018 (I know next year - but I will be retired and on my own schedule) and show it off. I really like the flexible doors. No frame to haul around. I just need to get it on the road to see how it does in the wind but really not expecting any issues.

Stay in touch my friend - sorry you did not get to the Northern Colorado run this year. Looked really neat. Man I really want to get to Oilly's place as well. Again 2018!

Edited by tumbleweed - 02 Aug. 2017 at 1:37pm
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2017 at 4:03pm
The canvas is top notch! I'm digging the coach as well George..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>