Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Easter Jeep Safari - Event Date: 08 Apr. 2017 - 16 Apr. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2017 Easter Jeep Safari
    Posted: 16 Feb. 2017 at 8:35pm
Thought I'd post this to get it on the event calendar.

I'm going again this year.  I'll be there most of the week.  Leaving Friday after the Flat Fender Run.

Hope to see some of you there, at least on Friday the 14th. 
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2017 at 12:39am
I'm a go, though I may go out sooner and stay later!
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2017 at 3:22pm

Jeff,
Can't make it, we'll be hiking slot canyons near Escalante that week. Maybe see you on the road.
BOULDER 48 2A
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 2:44am
Bringing this BTT to see if anyone is going. It's only 1 month away. I am staying at the Canyonland campground in town and I plan to be there on Thursday the 6th to Friday the 14th.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 3:01am
I'll be there with Jpet with a little break in the middle. I have to work Monday and Tuesday.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Thought I'd post this to get it on the event calendar.

I'm going again this year.  I'll be there most of the week.  Leaving Friday after the Flat Fender Run.

Hope to see some of you there, at least on Friday the 14th. 

Jpet 

maybe it's so obvious I'm missing it ... but, where is this rally?

Jim 
Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 4:15pm
Jim,
It's easy to get confused about where Jpet might be at any given time because he might show up anywhere with his jeep from coast to coast. This is THE Easter Jeep Safari in Moab,Utah.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by pilot195 pilot195 wrote:

......maybe it's so obvious I'm missing it ... but, where is this rally?
Terribly sorry

http://www.rr4w.com/

.... The event is always the week before Easter. Here is a link to last years flat fender highlights:

Easter Jeep Safari 2016

on Friday, a group of flattys get together and go on an unofficial run. This year it is going to be Flat Iron Mesa. This run was started by Metcalf and a group of flattys on Pirate:

Easter Jeep Safari 2017

Edited by jpet - 11 Mar. 2017 at 4:35pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 4:46pm
.... for clarity, you do not have to sign up for an official RR4W trail to participate. I am signed up for two trails. One is on Monday and one is on Wednesday. The rest of the time, Stan and I will be out on our own so seat belts and roll bar are not required. Most of the trails have obstacles that I would highly recommend a roll bar and seat belts before trying, but in most cases, the obstacles have a bypass.

... I've read some chatter about jeepers getting "cabin fever" .... well, this is the next event. less than a month away!

Edited by jpet - 11 Mar. 2017 at 4:49pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2017 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Jim,
It's easy to get confused about where Jpet might be at any given time because he might show up anywhere with his jeep from coast to coast.

That's what we're hoping to do too!  Once we (I) get this one running, we want it to follow nicely behind my truck/camper...hopefully we'll have a little more opportunity once we get the teenager moved out Wink

Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 7:43am
So, I am posting a shout out to all members on all the upcoming tour threads, in the hope that I can get some help shifting oversized parts across the country.

I will be in Vancouver, Canada, and surrounding areas (including Banff, and possibly Calgary) from mid-June to early July 2017. This is an opportunity for me to collect a few oversized parts and bring them back to South Africa with me as hand-luggage, which has multiple benefits to me, mostly related to saving the costs of international shipping of bulky items and potential damage of items en route. However I need to get the parts to Vancouver in the first place.

The items I am referring to are 
1. A steering wheel, currently located with a forum member in WI, USA.
2. A set of top bow main bows, currently located with a forum member in NJ, USA

If anyone from Vancouver/Calgary, or Seattle/Portland/Washington State area is attending any of the upcoming tours, and likewise anyone from WI or NJ, I'm hoping it will be possible to coordinate a hand-over these parts and get them ideally to Vancouver, or possibly Seattle or Calgary. I would be greatly indebted.

I have 2 months to hatch a plan, failing which commercial shipping to Vancouver is my next best option.

Please let me know if you are able and willing to assist. Hug

Best,

Mike
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2017 at 9:29pm
Grampa's Jeep is so anxious to get on the trails this coming week in Moab that he had to get out of the garage and go climb something. All we could find that wasn't still covered with snow was this construction site dirt pile.

Only four more days and we can climb some red rocks!!

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2017 at 11:59pm
Yup. I'm going through my gear tomorrow. Getting anxious!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 5:30am
You guys are making me envious. I wish I was heading out to Moab with y'all. Take lots of pics and video. Be safe and have fun.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

You guys are making me envious. I wish I was heading out to Moab with y'all. Take lots of pics and video. Be safe and have fun.
We have a little room at our camp site. Maybe you could make it for a day or two?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 2:02pm
Have fun Jeff and Stan. Keep em upright LOL
Glen
49 CJ3A
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

We have a little room at our camp site. Maybe you could make it for a day or two?

Every permutation that I've run, every iteration of scenarios I've conjured up still does not allow me to make this event. I cannot get there as much as I desire to do so. Have fun my friends and thanks for the invite.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2017 at 12:38am

Every permutation that I've run, every iteration of scenarios I've conjured up still does not allow me to make this event. I cannot get there as much as I desire to do so.

Same here Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>