Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dual Master cylinder question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48CJ2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Master cylinder question
    Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 6:00am
I am new to Jeeps and I spend a bit (ok, maybe a lot) of time looking at other projects, or ones that are for sale, to get ideas as to what I want for mine. I keep coming across an odd looking dual master cylinder but haven't seen where to get it, or why use this style. Most the Dual Master cylinders are traditional (front to back?) , like Herm's kit or mounted a similar one on the fire wall with hanging pedals.
Here are two examples off ewilliys website. They are side by side?

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 8:20am
That is two master cylinders in the same casting. They run the brakes & the clutch. They came in Chevrolet pickups from about 1960 to around 1966.

When used on the Willys, they also run the clutch & the brakes. They mount on the firewall so that you can hang your clutch & brake pedals from the firewall as well. I am unclear as to the advantage of doing this modification.

Use the advanced search feature of this page to look up "hanging pedals". 

IHTH, Cpt Logger.
 Post Reply Post Reply