Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel sending unit problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel sending unit problem
    Posted: 24 Sep. 2012 at 3:23am
Recently had a bad short in the electrical of my 1946 Cj2a...ignition switch, ignition coil and distributor all damaged and replaced.  Fuel sending unit is hooked up correctly, however, gauge is not registering fuel (actually ran out of fuel and was rescued by a friend). Is it possible that sending unit may have also been damaged?  Also I want to hook up my AMP meter....I am an electronic novice...can someone give me step by step directions on how amp meter is set up???
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2012 at 11:04pm
amp meter needs to have the current flow through it. it registers an input or out put. my question about your fuel sender is simple. have you tested the sending unit? if you have a multimeter set it to ohms and with the power off measure the resistance in the sender at full and empty. they should be very different. Now it could be your gauge not the sender i would check them both. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply