Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass etching-DIY- Now available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2012 at 1:17am
Well that would be no problem to do but I make it affordable by having many copies made and then selling them piecemeal. If you could make your own stencil it would be a snap to send you the material to apply and then you would have your individual piece.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
johnnybravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnybravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2012 at 1:02pm
damar, Thanks for your reply and your initial post.  I do not have skills and tools for making the vinyl stencil.  I will show this to my daughter, she does crafts and such, maybe she can help me.
Ret. USAR-Vet, 6-GPW's,, 1-M38 w/M-100, 1-47 WO "Jeep" 4X2 Wagon, several ruff CJ2&3A's, 1-CJ3B,
JeepRoger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepRoger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:07am
David...
Well, I finally got around to using your template and etch to get the "Shat-R-Proof" logo on my CJ2A glass. Instructions were perfect! Template/mask was perfect! Results were perfect! (And, just an FYI that I left the etch sit on the glass for about 45 minutes.) Thanks for a great product. It's a tiny detail for my Jeep, but I think it's the sum total of all the tiny stuff that adds up to a nicely detailed Jeep.  Thanks again for making it available!   Roger

Roger in California
'46 CJ2A 38503
'47 CJ2A 142084
'46 T3C Bantam trailer
Rick Cline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2015 at 11:14pm
damar2yxr
Do you still have any DIY glass etching kits for sale.
I sent you a pm the other day also.
Thanks
Rick
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2015 at 6:17pm
If he doesn't have it anymore Eagle is offering and G503 is too.
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2015 at 3:07am
I have to check my "stash" of stuff. I have to crack open my Jeep storage building behind the barn and go look......its just kinda snowed in.......this weekend!Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2015 at 3:58am
Yup. Got a few left.Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Fred Ashbrook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Ashbrook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2015 at 4:53am
Dave,

If you have any kits left after Rick gets what he wants, please let me know. I really don't need the etch solution - I've got a quart of the stuff left over from my wife's 'etch vases for Christmas' project, if that makes any difference, but I'm easy either way.

Thanks, Fred
Fred A
48 Lefty
Virginia

48 Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2015 at 2:32pm
Dave
I would like a kit.
How do you want to do the transaction.
Thanks
Rick Cline

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2015 at 9:37pm
Dave
Thanks for the Etching kit. I got it today and got the kit installed it worked great.
Rick

restoman42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote restoman42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2016 at 5:18am
Hello, I am new to the forum and I have just seen your etch kit and I would like to buy one if they are still available. I have use this method on early Fords and as you state, it works really well. If you have one to sell me just let me know the $$ and how to pay you. Thanks, PHIL SPAID
Phil Spaid, Fallbrook California, previously Syracuse N.Y.
Walter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2016 at 6:35pm
Hi Dave 
Do you still have the kit? 
Thanks.
Walter
TACHO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TACHO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 9:37pm
Hello:
Do you still sell the glass etching kit?
Thanks. 
Mani
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2021 at 8:27am
Wow. Blast from the past. I no longer do these kits. Thanks for the interest.
eat,sleep,jeep

TACHO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TACHO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2021 at 9:07am
Thanks for your answer.
Have a great day!!!
Max View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2021 at 6:40pm
Anybody knows if these are available in the market? 
Max
CJ2A 110861
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12