Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ipad. - Event Date: 25 Sep. 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2015 at 3:22am
[QUOTE=athawk11] When using my iPad at the 2A Page, one word comes to mind. Inconsistent.

Since the most recent 9.1 update, it has gotten a little easier to post without the "time out" warning, or the "permission" warning, but I've also changed my habits. I write my post in iPad notes, copy it, quickly log in, then paste. 6 out of 10 times, it works without giving a warning and having to log out and trying again.

Also, the default is in mobile view. I can't stand this view so I switch to classic view....but again, it's inconsistent. When navigating from page to page, it sometimes stays in classic view, other times it doesn't. So, I have to scroll down and put it back in classic. If it doesn't stay in classic, I'll clear the cookies and start all over. It will work for a few page jumps, then it starts converting back to the mobile view as I switch from page to page.

I've said this before...I don't have problems like this on any other forum while using my iPad. This leads me to believe the current forum software is the problem. I don't know if it can be updated. It would probably be a monumental task to move the forum to a more modern software system. It may not be possible without losing all the history. This happened at the 3A Page, but we eventually recovered.

I really enjoy the 2A page. I just wish it wasn't so freakin aggravating while using my iPad.

X2, I was just cleaning out my pm box, after 50 deletes it goes to the red error message!, I have made no less than 50 attempts to post my condolences on SammyCJ2A's passing, just get the red error message, very agrivating!.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2015 at 11:40am

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2015 at 2:43pm
Yes!
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2015 at 3:40pm
Lee, for what it is worth....Sam's user name is samcj2a not the one you have in your post.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec. 2015 at 6:41pm
Lee, I agree the forum is pretty outdated. The site looks like about 2005. An upgrade to vbulletin would be pretty nice with an easier way to insert links, pictures, video, etc. Right now this site works but with the inconsistentcy it's frustrating and seems to start pushing people away from posting. The Facebook groups are taking off because it's so much easier.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2015 at 4:46am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Lee, for what it is worth....Sam's user name is samcj2a not the one you have in your post.

Thanks, I know that!....... Not really wanting anything to change here, I like the CJ2A page just how it is, if it could be a wee bit more IPad friendly that would be a +. My inability to post sometimes may be a great relief to many here

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2015 at 5:08am
IOS 9.2 test post, ipad 3

Edited by russnj - 15 Dec. 2015 at 5:10am

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2015 at 2:51am
After updating to 9.2, my 2A experience has gotten worse.

Tim

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2015 at 3:26am
I hate that people seem to be having trouble with their Imachines but I agree with Lee in not wanting change....but that's just my nature.

Seems to be the biggest trouble everybody complains about is the posting of pictures here....it seems to be more of a learning curve problem than any real forum problem (except for the glitches every now and then) once the procedure for posting pictures is learned it's not a problem......(more file storage space in the file manager for pictures would be a plus though)

I guess I would feel different if I was trying to do all this from my telephone....just now realized that's kind of a funny word these days isn't it? ...... seems it's almost lost it's 'tele'. LOL

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2015 at 11:46am
Just to be clear, when you clean out your browser cache, you cleaning out the cache in Safari:

Settings> Safari> Clear History and Website Data?

I've been posting from my tablet/phone since iPhone1 and iPad1. Remember iPhone1?....... Ugh! From time to time I get an error posting but not nearly as frequent as you guys seem to be. I haven't had any problems since IOS 9.X. When it happens, I've usually noticed that it has something to do with the network I'm on.... like I'll be connected to wifi and can't post so I turn my wifi off and then I'm able to post on 3G or LTE. I can't think of any time I was not able to post when I had full strength LTE since version 9. (As long as my website data was cleared out) Out of habit, I always do a select all> copy so that everything is saved to my clip board before I post.

I will agree that on other forums, you don't even think about it. You just post and it works.

Edit: IMO, the 2A page can't afford to loose past data due to an upgrade like the 3A page because We don't want to loose the information that Sean has provided.

Edited by jpet - 17 Dec. 2015 at 12:06pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2015 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Just to be clear, when you clean out your browser cache, you cleaning out the cache in Safari:

I do this regularly too.  It does help, but after a few page jumps, it all goes back to being its annoying self.

I had a new one last night.  I tried to post.  Didn't work. (see previous discussions)  Tried again.  Didn't work.  Third try...gave me a 'Red' warning screen that essentially blocked me because I exceeded my limit on too many post attempts in too short a time.  Figured I was a "Spam Bot".   Logged out...logged back in and was able to post.

Edit: IMO, the 2A page can't afford to loose past data due to an upgrade like the 3A page because We don't want to loose the information that Sean has provided.

This is by far my greatest fear.

Tim  
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 12:14am
Question, is this a problem with all Apple devices or just Ipads and Iphones.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 12:32am
No.  Macbook has always worked perfectly.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 12:42am

No.  Macbook has always worked perfectly.

Perfect, the old PC is on it's last leg, not wanting to go that way again. Thank you Sir.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 3:01pm
Lee, I recently got a MacBook Pro and have no issues
Glen
49 CJ3A
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 3:04pm
I think my MacBook Pro is running mountain lion.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

Lee, I recently got a MacBook Pro and have no issues

Glen, does the Go-Pro work good with your Mac ?

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2015 at 5:24pm
I have followed Jpets lead, and copy my post before posting it, if I get the red error thing, I close out, go back to the forum home, then back to the thread, paste it, and it seems to work every time.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>