Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2017 at 6:12pm
its been a couple of weeks when I was able to tinker on the jeep so I wanted to start to fab up a winch mount and start on welding the bow pocket back into place, now this is nothing major but its still progress.

Edited by shadow - 25 Apr. 2017 at 6:49am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 5:39am
my son and I went to the swap meet in Albion on Sunday and had a great find with a 800 signal stat, this is just one more item on the wish list that I get to check off.
Just found out (EF33W) flasher will work for my 6V 800 signalstat

Edited by shadow - 06 Nov. 2017 at 2:28am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2017 at 7:02am
its looking more and more like a jeep
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 1:32am
Good find Andy on that 800 Signal Stat ,very easy to wire, I had bought the 900 Signal Stat basically the same but I don't have that nice green end on the handle. Your jeep is coming along real nice.Keep up the good work .    

Giles from the East Coast.
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 2:42am
Thanks Gil it was one of this finds , it was in the bottom of a old ratty box covered with junk I just happen to spot that nice green indicator poking out the side and the guy wasn't too concerned about it and his focus was on other things he had on his table
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 2:53pm
shadow the flattie is looking good.
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2017 at 6:05pm
Your jeep is looking good, great progress..

46 CJ2A 17573 Sioux Falls SD
Link to Photos of Restoration
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuQgE9e
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 10:07pm
Was out on Sunday to a local flea market/swap meet with my wife just for something to do and luck would have it I found a carter fuel filter for 5 bucks, a little cleaning and paint, it now resides on the jeep.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 3:55am
Gee, it kinda blocks that pressure gauge behind it.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:05am
ah yes but the gauge is only temporary until I get my oil pressure lines.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 4:37pm
Ok enough with catching my shins on the tabs on the bumper, time to trim them off and start cleaning it up.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 5:03am
Great day to be outside and tinker on the jeep, I had some hat channels made up at a local shop about a week ago and today I started to fit and weld them in, I also made some blocks for where the body bolts go through the floor, no wood in the rear channel.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:21pm
You are doing amazing work Andy. I've enjoyed your thread. Keep it up!

Mike
1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by JeepSaffer JeepSaffer wrote:

You are doing amazing work Andy. I've enjoyed your thread. Keep it up!

Mike

Same here ,keep up the amazing work and you will enjoy your jeep when done .

Giles
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:01am
Thanks for all the great pic's they've been a big help, learned a lot. I really like your sig. quote caught myself saying it the other day. Been meaning to ask about the rubber boot on the clutch cable in one of the pics, is that a stock part? or custom? thanks Joe Wadoyado
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:33am
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Thanks for all the great pic's they've been a big help, learned a lot. I really like your sig. quote caught myself saying it the other day. Been meaning to ask about the rubber boot on the clutch cable in one of the pics, is that a stock part? or custom? thanks Joe Wadoyado

the rubber boot you see is a stock M38 clutch cable boot that I trimmed and fit into the hole, I thought it would be good to keep any unwanted dirt or sand out.
I am glad to hear my little ventures are helping people in there own , google lets go for a rip , you will have a good laugh being I am from the great white north
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 5:34am
It was swap meet time again at the Tradex in Abbotsford, not as much as I was hoping for but I did find a pair of NACO tail lights with real glass lenses, they need some cleanup but no dents dings or rust.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 6:38am
Ok I wasn't able to finish the floor a couple of weeks ago with the support ribs but had some today to weld in the second rib and grind smooth,
one of the other things I was able to was clean and polish the tail light bezels and started to clean and paint the tail light buckets.

I still have some sanding to do and a little more grinding before I spray some primer on the floor but that is for tomorrow.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>