Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep Photos
    Posted: 09 Oct. 2016 at 8:11pm
Hello all these are two early photos of my Cj2a serial no.208783. The first, from 1955, shows the wood top that came with it. The second, from 1956, with a top from a Model A Ford truck. The wood cab was crushed in a category 5 tornado that hit Grand Rapids, MI, in 1956 while getting a valve job at the local filling station. More photos to come as I try to get the Jeep road worthy once again.

Thanks,
wadoyado

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2016 at 8:28pm
Very cool! Thx 4 posting and keep em comin!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2016 at 3:35am
I really like that Ford top Thumbs Up
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2016 at 10:08am
Thanks rocnoll I saved the the upper corner sections of the model A cab to make a custom half cab along with a heater pretty much necessities in Mi. The model A became a doodle bug with dual tires and chains was able to plow a few arces. I also remember my father mounted the model A headlights on the front fenders when snow plowing worked great!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2016 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

I really like that Ford top Thumbs Up

+1
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2016 at 9:04pm

Just wanted to include this photo from 1955 (spring judging by the blossoms) of yours truly working on the jeep PTO. Yeah they maybe rubber tools but that would give 60 yrs. jeep wrenchin experience. Thanks Wadoyado!

Edited by wadoyado - 03 Dec. 2016 at 9:25pm
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2016 at 10:20pm
Love it!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 2:00pm
Wanted to include this pic from 1955 of an aprox.1920's Hardee orchard sprayer, which was attached to the jeeps rear Pto. I read Fred Coldwell book which shows a pre-production jeep with a Hardee sprayer attached (11.08) with the caption "the sprayer seems rather impotent, barley reaching the leaves", that was not the case with this Hardee sprayer. I'm 2 1/2 in the pic but spraying was one of the main duties of the jeep and was used for many yrs, I can remember my uncle getting knocked off the back of the sprayer just from opening the gun valve. On an antique tractor site I saw a 1920's add for the sprayer(3cyl) could maintain constant 500psi pressure
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 5:57pm
Great hat your wearing
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Great hat your wearing
Seems like any pic I've seen of kids around 1955-1956 at least one will have a coonskin hat on Thanks Joe Wadoyado
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 10:54pm
Great pictures!! Love the wood top.....I won't comment on the hat since I believe I had one in 1955..
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2017 at 1:40am
Nice picture, I did not notice the hat I thought it was your hair. I have received a notice for a eye exam , I 'm not going to miss it.

Giles
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2017 at 1:47am
The gentleman in the picture reminds me of Bill Gaurnere from Band of Brothers. Just saying...

Edited by Freedom21 - 27 Feb. 2017 at 1:51am
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2017 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Gil Gil wrote:

Nice picture, I did not notice the hat I thought it was your hair. I have received a notice for a eye exam , I 'm not going to miss it. That's funny Giles I almost replied to Flatfender "Hat what Hat" like the movie "Joe Dirt"

Giles
Freedom 21 I'm sure my father would have appreciated the compliment he was a lieutenant during WW2. Cedar Springs?? finally a post from someone in the G.R. area. You don't have a spare cj2a body laying around for sale by any chance? I was kinda born into this jeep thing, took a break for a few decades now the fever is back. I have a good friend on 16mi road maybe we could hook up for a ride this summer. Thanks Joe Wadoyado
birddog7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote birddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2017 at 1:34pm
Davey Crockett outfit, priceless
Birddog
1945 CJ2A
1956 CJ3B
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1946 Bantam Trailer
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 2:42am
Giles[/QUOTE] Freedom 21 I'm sure my father would have appreciated the compliment he was a lieutenant during WW2. Cedar Springs?? finally a post from someone in the G.R. area. You don't have a spare cj2a body laying around for sale by any chance? I was kinda born into this jeep thing, took a break for a few decades now the fever is back. I have a good friend on 16mi road maybe we could hook up for a ride this summer. Thanks Joe Wadoyado[/QUOTE]

How far are you from Cedar?  I don't have an extra tub, but might be able to help you find one.  I am friends with the owners of the Jeep Armory in Cedar Springs.  They are very resourceful.  Would be great to get together with another Willys owner.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2017 at 1:04am
Hey Freedom21, I'm about 15mi. from Cedar Springs near Standale off M-45 not far at all! Didn't know Cedar had a jeep armory. I'm "going thru" my 48CJ2a mainly trying to get the mechanicals in good shape at present(winter) I really could use a rear floor bed. Also I have extra parts to trade if someone you know is interested. Don't disappear from the form. Thanks Joe Wadoyado
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2017 at 2:30am
Ha!  I work in Walker in the 3 Mile/N. Wilson industrial park.  I know that's pretty close to you.  "The Jeep Armory" is an off road shop.  They started out as a fab shop, bumpers, etc.  But now they do a lot more than fab work and more than just Jeep.  Also, they are Willys enthusiasts too.  I'll ask them about a rear floor bed.  And I'll let them know you have some parts for possible trades.  

I've had my 48 for 2 years.  Enjoyed it the first year, tore it down last winter and had the engine machined.  It got pushed aside for several reasons, biggest being the sale and purchase of our house and the move.  Sounds like we're on the same course.  Getting it mechanically sound first, then the body.  I hope to have mine back on the road this spring.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>