Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps In a Field - For Sale???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeeps In a Field - For Sale???
    Posted: 22 Mar. 2017 at 3:41am
I saw these Jeeps in a field near Santa Ynez, CA recently.  The property is for sale and it appears the house on the property is vacant.  My guess is the property may be a foreclosure by the condition of the place.

I have no ability to store the Jeeps so i didn't inquire, but I thought maybe someone here might be interested in contacting the Realtor to see if the Jeeps might be available to be "Rescued" from certain death.

I don't know anything about the status of the Jeeps, whether they are for sale, whether they run, or anything else.  Just thought it would be sad to see them whither away without at least someone having a chance to pick them up.

Edited by jaksjep - 22 Mar. 2017 at 3:46am
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2017 at 3:55am
They sure grow some nice produce in those California fields!
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 12:18am
I would contact the realtor about them before they hire a crusher to clean up the property. The worst that can happen is they say "no".
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 12:37am
Kinda wonder about the brown jeep. It has no drain hole in the side and if you zoom in it almost looks like the fasteners for a canvas half door. Could be a mb or gpw.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 1:00am
Originally posted by 67charger 67charger wrote:

Kinda wonder about the brown jeep. It has no drain hole in the side and if you zoom in it almost looks like the fasteners for a canvas half door. Could be a mb or gpw.

If you look really close at the wheel well, you can see what looks to be a patch hanging down. I think that's a 2A rear axle.
pilot195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilot195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 2:22am
still new at this .. on the brown jeep -- did any jeep have that "square shelf" under/in front of the windshield?
on the green jeep - what about the "vent?" opening in the center under the windshield?

both "after market mods" I presume?

what kind of winch is that?
Jim
'46 Willys Jeep CJ-2A
USAF retired
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 3:23am
There's something peculiar about the brown one, that boxed out area isn't original. The green one is a CJ3A and that vent is factory.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 4:24am
The winch on the green one looks homemade.  The brown one's windshield looks to have once been a 2A frame that someone wanted... more dashboard space?  Be interesting to see the other side of the dash.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 1:03pm
I think that brown one was on Ewillys a while back. That or another one with a very similar box on the cowl. Only time I've ever seen that mod though.
46Willard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 46Willard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2017 at 4:54pm
The one on ewillys was green with a hardtop. They had added a side vent to it so maybe it was for an oversize heater. Otherwise maybe for additional storage, oversize glove box. It seems like a lot of work. I thought maybe a 3B body converted to a 2A. These unsolved modifications drive me crazy!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2017 at 3:00am
Originally posted by 46Willard 46Willard wrote:

I thought maybe a 3B body converted to a 2A.

I thought the same thing, but couldn't imagine what the purpose would be.

Originally posted by 46Willard 46Willard wrote:

These unsolved modifications drive me crazy!

Bubba works in mysterious ways...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2017 at 4:30am
I drove past a possible M-38 with an Arctic top on it over 560 times in the last two weeks I finally quit looking at it. It sits in a pasture with a 66-67 Lemans a Cherokee and dozen other interesting cars and trucks all on the other side of a fence from the Gravel pit we have started to mine. I have seen the owner of the property scoping out the going on next door but never been close enough to talk to him (the dump truck does not stop) So I know where its at but not going to do anything about it. Its a fairly recent addition to the rusting collection as it wasn't there a couple years ago when we were hauling dirt in there to dump.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
shulls1stcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shulls1stcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2017 at 5:23pm
Well once again it's a case of someday I am you going to do something with them. I contacted the real estate agent and she said the owner specifically told her do not foward me any questions concerning the jeeps. They are not for sale. Oh well we tried. I'm sure years from now they will still be sitting there only in worse condition.
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by shulls1stcj2a shulls1stcj2a wrote:

Well once again it's a case of someday I am you going to do something with them. I contacted the real estate agent and she said the owner specifically told her do not foward me any questions concerning the jeeps. They are not for sale. Oh well we tried. I'm sure years from now they will still be sitting there only in worse condition.

Yep, I drove past a field of old (1930's-1950) cars for years. The owner would never even consider selling any. One day I was driving past and a portable crusher was crushing them. There was one 1939 Plymouth left so I stopped and asked what was going on. Well the guy had died and the executor didn't want to be bothered so he contracted the crusher. I had to bribe the guy to let me save the last one on a promise I would remove it before the exec showed up, which I did. It was a one owner with the original bill of sale in the glovebox. That's what happens when thickheads hoard stuff. Just think what the estate could have gleaned off an auction of all those (in excess of 50) antique vehicles. Disapprove
HCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2017 at 1:17am
[/QUOTE] That's what happens when thickheads hoard stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Larry, I agree 100%   

Edited by HCAT - 08 Apr. 2017 at 1:19am
Dave
44 Willys MB
 Post Reply Post Reply