Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a word of caution...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a word of caution...
    Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 11:55am
...When your wife hears you rootin' around in the kitchen after dinner lookin' for a snack, and asks "What are you doin' out there?"...

...the correct answer is NOT "Minding my own damn business"...

Just sayin' LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
BIG JOHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG JOHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 11:59am
Haha... Sounds like someone got in trouble!
BIG JOHN
1947 CJ-2A
1946 Bantam T3C trailer
2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 CC
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2004 Jeep LJ
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 2:16pm
Suggestions:

I 'm getting you a glass of wine
I wanted to surprise you with some ice cream
I need a vase for the flowers I bought you
I'm taking out the trash
I'm getting you new batteries for the remote
I'm wiping up that spill in the bottom of the fridge
I'm folding laundry
I'm looking for your keys so I can put gas in your car

NOT:

Looking for the title to the Jeep I bought today...
Looking for the checkbook - I bought a FEW parts today

Edited by Joe Friday - 25 Feb. 2017 at 2:18pm
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 2:42pm
Reminds me of a cartoon from years ago. A guy is eating his breakfast cereal and his wifes back is turned to him. She asked what he is eating.
The label on the box was Nutt and Bitch.
That's how fights get started
uncamonkey
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

...When your wife hears you rootin' around in the kitchen after dinner lookin' for a snack, and asks "What are you doin' out there?"...

Just sayin' LOL
Ouch!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2017 at 5:22pm
Based on your tag line about toilet paper you could have ended the conversation very quickly by saying you were looking for a toilet plunger !
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 4:56am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Just sayin' LOL

What is the worst that can happen in these situations?  You are in the "dog house", meaning -> banished to the garage. . . .  that is where we want to be anyway! LOL
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 6:09am
You guys lead a very different life then I do LOL. I cook dinner at least 3 times a week and help with dinner at least 2 others. I have full access to anything in the kitchen at any time. Only place I don't mess with is her little dressing room (was originally a nursery divided from the Master Bedroom with a half wall).

I might even be found mopping the floor in the kitchen if the mood strikes me. But then I have about 500 hours in the remodeling and creating of our kitchen so its personal to me. 
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 11:49am
I got in trouble from an ex lady friend because I would vacuum her carpet and mop her kitchen floor before I left her house in the morning.
She thought that I felt that she didn't have a clean house.
Even your best intentions can get you in trouble with some people.
uncamonkey
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 12:31pm
reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, lol... you don't get to 27 years without a sense of humor on both sides Wink

Still, there was some, ehem,.. "discussion"....

(usually when she hints about my doing laundry, I ask her to change the oil in her JKU, or take the trash to the transfer station...)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 1:13pm
So this is how the other half thinks .... enlightening!

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

So this is how the other half thinks .... enlightening!

At least you mentioned that some of us are capable of thinking.
uncamonkey
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 7:02pm
I got banished forever from doing the laundry a long time ago when I accidentally left a couple of red shop rags in the load of clothes I put in the washer. Everything white in the load came out a light shade of pink...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

I got banished forever from doing the laundry a long time ago when I accidentally left a couple of red shop rags in the load of clothes I put in the washer. Everything white in the load came out a light shade of pink...

Uh, yea, I can relate to that.  Tighty whities end up pretty pinkies.
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 9:36pm
When we first got married, I tried to be helpful with the laundry (had three sisters growing up so I never did laundry). Anyway, thought I would show her how efficient I could be by putting everything in one load. Apparently blue jeans and tidy whiteys made a color I 'called gray is good.' She found no humor in that. AT ALL.

I also 'helped' by cleaning the toilets. Didn't realize the bottle was toilet 'bowl' cleaner. I hosed down the whole thing. Took quite a while for my blue squiggly lines to disappear. She found no humor in that either.

Also answering yes to the 'does this make my butt look big' question is a BIG no no. Just to clarify, I did not that say, but a buddy of mine answered 'yeah you're a little fat in the can.' That didn't go over well.

Bill

Edited by Bill Norris - 26 Feb. 2017 at 9:40pm
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2017 at 11:12pm
Now that is funny!!!!  Guess most newlywed men are just put in positions to "fail". Mine was also with the laundry.  Home alone, I went through the bedrooms gathering everything I could put in the washing machine to surprise her---including two of her mohair sweaters. I had to look at those two sweaters for the next ten years since she put then on play dolls for my daughters. Wasn't my fault!!!!
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 4:40am
after 48 years marriage ,I just say yes dear , several time , just to be safe.
I just do what I am told.
dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2017 at 9:25am
Katiediud, It is good to here from you!

Some of us think things through pretty well. My brother, for example, hates to do laundry with a passion. In the first week of his marriage, he did the laundry as a surprise for his new bride. One of her sweaters shrunk so bad that Barbie could wear it as a dress. All of his & most of her white undies were bright red. Shop rags will do that to them. She has banned him from both the laundry & the dishes. He can do the laundry as well as she can. While we have 7, yes Seven! sisters, our mom taught us how to do all of the household chores. We got our turns doing them all.

I, on the other hand, like doing the laundry, I just dislike folding it up & putting it away. So my wife & I have this system. I wash & dry  the laundry. I then put it in a pile on the bed. She folds & puts it away before she goes to bed. It helps that we only have wash & wear cloths. She dislikes doing the dishes, I do not mind, so I do them. She puts them away from either the drain rack, or the dishwasher. I can cook, but she enjoys it , so far in our marriage, I have yet to cook a meal. 32 years & counting! 

Jeep stuff is my domain, she does not care what I spend time & money on, vehicle wise, as long as she has a reliable rig. She has driven my 1959 Ford pickup as a daily driver. She also has driven a 1948 Willys pickup as a DD. She really like her Honda 750 Shadow! As long as it works well, she is happy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>