Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michigan Flat Fender clubs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2009 at 1:34pm

If we meet near the Depot (in the park, across the tracks, where Railroad Days is held) There is plenty of parking even for guys that trailer. We still would have use of the facilities (bathroom) at the Depot too.

Michigan Flat Fender Club on Facebook

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
jeepfreak81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2009 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Scott R Scott R wrote:

If we meet near the Depot (in the park, across the tracks, where Railroad Days is held) There is plenty of parking even for guys that trailer. We still would have use of the facilities (bathroom) at the Depot too.

I am not sure where you are talking about.  There is a parking lot across the tracks, by the clock tower, but there definitely is not room for trailer parking there.  There is a vacant grassy lot near it (just east of it), but that is not an official park to my knowledge.

In the image below, green is the parking by the clock tower, pinkish is parking for the dance studio I believe, and red is the vacant lot where a bunch of RR days activities are set up.

Chances are we may not be able to park there depending on when the carnival starts rolling in, usually they arrive the weekend before and start setting up Monday - Thursday.  May 9th is the weekend before RR days.

1st Jeep, V8 YJ, A winch and a Foot... Trail Tested

2nd Jeep 1946 CJ2A 6 Cylinders - Time Tested and wheeled

2008 Hummer H3

1929 Model A Standard Coupe

1966 M416
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2009 at 11:24pm
Ahh, then maybe we should go with Al's idea and meet at Wendy's. In the past I've seen semi's park over night on the dead end road right behind Wendy's, so guys that trailer could park their???

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
Al Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Al Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2009 at 11:36pm
Yeah, you can forget any parking close to the depot that weekend before the Railroad Days festival. That grass area you mentioned is city property, and would probably get a ticket. Ill check with a local cop I know. Any other weekends parking at the depot wouldnt be a problem with trailers. Wendys is still the best bet. There is also a area behind Wendys that people could park trailers. Local semi drivers use it also.

For those not familiar with the Durand area,its a VERY safe place with VERY little crime. A typical small town. So people shouldnt worry about leaving their tow vehicles while we take a ride/etc.
We should forget the downtown parking idea alltogether. Its just too close like you said with the logistics set-up with the festival the following weekend.

If need be we can park vehicles at my place if we get in a pinch. I have a circle drive, so shouldnt be a problem getting in and out. Not worried about the grass.

Al
1949 CJ 2A
1949 studebaker M5 truck
1972 Ford Maverick
99grandtj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 99grandtj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2009 at 2:30am
I am interested also, Probably ride with Jeepfreak81 for the cruise unless I feel like getting in trouble and buying another flat fender LOL
98 tj 4 door project
47 cj2a-Sold
49 cj2a-Sold
59 cj3b-Sold
Bantam Trailer
Jeepete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2009 at 3:57pm
Please add me to the club, I live in Huron Township - 48174 just south of Detroit Metro Airport.  I don't have anything roadworthy right now but will eventually hit an event with you guys.
Pete Nietupski
pnietups@peoplepc.com
'47 2a in progress, 46 2a waiting in the wings, '45 2a on the selling block, '50? 3b ? roller/running chassis.
47 V8 2a In progress

51 M38 on a 3A running chassis

52 M-100 trailer

68 Mustang Fastback (My 1st car...still have it)
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2009 at 2:53am
Pete, got you on the list. Thumbs Up

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 1:32pm
Just an update. After posting the first get together on other boards I've received emails from guys wanting to be included on the MFFC list to be notified of future gatherings.

Right now we stand at a whopping 15 members. Big smile

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2009 at 1:42pm
I wish it wasn't so dang cold and rainy that day.  A drive on a day like yesterday would have been nice.  I haven't hardly touched mine lately - and that is odd for me, usually I drive it almost every day.

Just been too damn busy to do ANYTHING with jeeps Unhappy

2008 Hummer H3

1966 M416
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 12:55pm
We'll have to do another get together soon. Any car shows coming up that we can all meet at?

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 2:59pm
This is Michigan, we have car shows every weekend LOL LOL

Edited by jeepfreak81 - 21 May 2009 at 3:00pm

2008 Hummer H3

1966 M416
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 1:18am
Weekend heck... Soon there will be a show, cruise every just about day of the week. Wink Name one coming up in a few weeks and I'll spread the word.

Maybe we should plan to do the Woodward Dream Cruise. Wouldn't we just fit right in with all the fancy hotrods. Tongue

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 12:52pm
Scott,

Not sure how the Chrysler museum is doing this year, but typically every summer they have cruise night on Thursdays. Each week is a different featured make. One of them is Jeep. Maybe something to consider.

As for the Woodward Cruise, a 2A is the best. Put it in first, let the clutch out and just lope along.

Bill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 1:16pm
IMO Flint Back to the Bricks is a MUCH better show then Woodward.  I went to Woodward for a few years and the amount of people make it miserable, and all you do is sit and idle in traffic if your cruising.  Back to the Bricks, the whole downtown, side streets and parking lots are parked cars (like a real show) plus you have large vendors etc... there.  This year there is a cruise from Flint to The Woodward cruise area going on all weekend as they are working together from the sounds of it now.

You just don't have the idiots killing spectators and worry about your car getting smashed when another idiot loses it doing a burnout.

IIRC every week the Flushing A&W does a car show, as well as possibly the new Sonic?

Summer shows also  include the Corunna 4th of July Car Show; the New Lothrop Car
Show in July, the Lennon Homecoming Car Show in July and the End of summer
Cruisin’ in Durand on Labor Day Weekend.

Edited by jeepfreak81 - 22 May 2009 at 1:20pm

2008 Hummer H3

1966 M416
Scott R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 1:54pm

Bill, excellent idea. Checked the museum web site and Thursday Cruise nights start June 11. Although did not find anything about specific dates for featured makes.

Jake, just kidding about Woodward. Got my fill of that, cruising Gratiot and Telegraph as a kid. Same story back then... Idleing in traffic but thats what we wanted when crusing was about chasing girls. Since I don't chase girls anymore, cursing like that has no appeal to me.

Back to the bricks is a good one but thats later in the summer.

Edited by Scott R - 22 May 2009 at 1:59pm

1949 CJ2A #221621

1965 CJ-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 2:01pm
I really would like to see what it would take to get a club spot at Back to the Bricks.  I believe I was the only flatfender there last year (Maybe one other)

It was an outstanding show.  My favorites were the gassers and rat rods though.

2008 Hummer H3

1966 M416
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:44am
Guys,
Lew Ladwig here, I started the CFFC a few years ago.  I was looking for fellow jeep nuts who were not just hard core rock crawlers but guys with older flatties that enjoyed playing and showing them.  I have decided to start the IFFC and extend the range of the club.  The International Flat Fender Club will be made up of Patrols of smaller clubs from around the world.  I would like to have the Michigan Flat Fender Club be a founding member of the IFFC!  This is a no fee, no dues deal just like the CFFC.  We will use the internet to lay out events that folks can join in on.
What do you think?  So far we have about 4 possible patrols and the list is growing.  I might try to find someone to build a web site but I don't want to have to spend $ to make it happen.  Like I said, it should be a no cost deal.
Happy jeeping!

President of the Colorado Flat Fender Club and the New IFFC
Lew Ladwig
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepfreak81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2009 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Lew Ladwig Lew Ladwig wrote:

Guys,
Lew Ladwig here, I started the CFFC a few years ago.  I was looking for fellow jeep nuts who were not just hard core rock crawlers but guys with older flatties that enjoyed playing and showing them.  I have decided to start the IFFC and extend the range of the club.  The International Flat Fender Club will be made up of Patrols of smaller clubs from around the world.  I would like to have the Michigan Flat Fender Club be a founding member of the IFFC!  This is a no fee, no dues deal just like the CFFC.  We will use the internet to lay out events that folks can join in on.
What do you think?  So far we have about 4 possible patrols and the list is growing.  I might try to find someone to build a web site but I don't want to have to spend $ to make it happen.  Like I said, it should be a no cost deal.
Happy jeeping!

President of the Colorado Flat Fender Club and the New IFFC
Lew Ladwig

Lew... I can't answer that as I didn't start the club WinkLOL  Maybe PM ScottR

2008 Hummer H3

1966 M416
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>