Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 1946 CJ2A # J152298 Stealth Maggot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2017 at 9:25pm
OK, made some progress today.  The frame gussett plates are welded in!  I took it to a welding shop I have used for years, and they went to town on the frame, and then welded in the plates.  Couldn't have done a better job.  Now I need to regroup and think about addressing the rear frame horns.

The one picture shows some unfinished area, as the work was not finished when the photo was snapped.
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2017 at 9:27pm
Second picture
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 9:50pm
Made some progress.  Cut out the old metal and boxing.  Mounted new bumpstops, upper shock mounts, and installed new frame horns and frame boxing.  Now just ready for dropping off at the welder.
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 9:54pm
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 9:55pm
Used the industrial strength earth magnets to hold the frame horns in place when fitting.  Super strong magnets.  I have a couple blood blisters to prove it.
Chop chop
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 3:52am
Progress is always good!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 4:44am
Progress has been made.  New frame ends were welded on last summer.  I just got everything pressure washed again, and began the POR-15 process on the frame.  I then started to topcoat the frame and suspension, transmission and transfer case with black semi-gloss paint.  I am going to paint the engine block orange.  I also purchased a MB-2A body from Willys Overland Motors.  It is nice to finally make some headway.
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 9:22pm
Found this little gem of a surprise.  Should I keep her or wait for the excitement?
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 9:24pm
Black black black
Chop chop
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2020 at 2:22am
Excitement!
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2020 at 6:21pm
We have paint!
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2020 at 6:22pm
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2020 at 10:14pm
Made some progress.  Two steps forward, one step back.  Figured out my rear upper shock mounts need to be cut off.
Chop chop
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2020 at 10:46pm
You can see where the tub is resting on the shock mount.  I did not have the tub when i installed the mounts.

Chop chop
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2020 at 11:53pm
That garage is way too clean. Smile
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2020 at 3:15am
No one ever said I was smart.  Purchased a Ford machine gun mount base for my project.  Figured now was the time to do it.  Had to trim the tub, and cut through the edge of the floor.  Oh well.  Then had to trim the machine gun base.  Oh well.  Now I am trying to locate the tub front to back and left to right.  If it is in the middle, the fuel linkage is hitting the firewall.  If I have the tub off set to the drivers side about 1/2 to 3/4” it seems to work better.  This is with no bolts installed or locked down.  Should I mount it favoring one side, or bash the hell out of the firewall?  Am I overthinking this?
Chop chop
Carson Bradshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carson Bradshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2020 at 10:05pm
i wish i had a clean garage like thatLOL
jeep,cj2,48,V8,(Darwin)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12