Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2016 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Wow looks like a fun road, thanks for sharing
I think it looks good without the numbers. But it will look good with the numbers if you decide to put them back.

I like it better without them. I have tomorrow off also and my girl wants to do another drive Big smile I'll try to get better photos. I was just so happy to be on a gravel road for miles that I forgot to take pictures. Embarrassed
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2016 at 1:08am
Today's project. Seat cushions!

Much more comfortable then the pillows The passenger seat is only a blanket right now.

Also installed this.

Had the one on the back but I had to remove a bolt each time I took the top off and it ended up cracking.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2016 at 4:53am
Cool bottle opener.
What is your shifter made out of?
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2016 at 5:58am

Cool bottle opener.
What is your shifter made out of?

Been a few years since I made it but I'm pretty sure it red bushings for a sway bar and just some random piece of metal. Nothing special.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2016 at 4:59am
Well recently my Jeep has been leaving a puddle under it. Transmission is leaking. Today I drove to work and popped the hood. See something on my skid plate and grab it off. It is one of the caps for the shifter rails. Confused Not sure if this is where it is leaking yet.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2016 at 5:30am
At least you found the cap. A guy at a Jeep shop told me a few years ago that they are unubtianium any more.
Must of the leaks in my 3B come off of the T90 shifter.
uncamonkey
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2016 at 4:49am
Is that the beach at Gearheart? We vacationed there this summer. Beautiful corner of the world.
Have you checked out the aviation museum in Mcminnville? They have 3 or 4 restored Willys amongst the airplanes.

Your jeep looks great. I hope to return to Oregon one day, maybe with my jeep.

Edited by 92889 - 24 Sep. 2016 at 5:03am
15 Field RCA
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by 92889 92889 wrote:

Is that the beach at Gearheart? We vacationed there this summer. Beautiful corner of the world.
Have you checked out the aviation museum in Mcminnville? They have 3 or 4 restored Willys amongst the airplanes.

Your jeep looks great. I hope to return to Oregon one day, maybe with my jeep.

Same beach but north of it. Sunset beach/ Fort Stevens. 

I have not yet been there. Drove past it a couple of times but we were on other missions. One day.

Thank you.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2016 at 4:45am
Have not started this in a few weeks. Shift trans into neutral and turn the key, it wants to jump back.
Press clutch in and restart, in reverse and first the willys wants to go backwards. 2nd and 3rd feel like they are going forward when letting up on the clutch. I was going to drive it to work tomorrow but not now.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2016 at 3:42pm
Well after posting the above, I went to bed. Woke up around 230am and tried to think what was wrong with the transmission. Then it hit me, I have not moved this Jeep since I took the shifter out to replace a gasket I thought may have been leaking. 

Shift fork did not fall back where it was suppose to. Embarrassed So tonight, time permitting, I will take it off again.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2016 at 11:44pm
Snow today!

Edited by berettajeep - 08 Dec. 2016 at 11:46pm
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec. 2016 at 12:31am
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2016 at 1:34am
Great pic.
If we weren't on opposite sides of the state I'd say let's go play in the snow!!!
I got 4" here, and hope to do some jeepin tomorrow.
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2016 at 1:55am
Sorry about your license plate Dennis. Did you collide with a black marking pen?
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2016 at 10:42pm

Great pic.
If we weren't on opposite sides of the state I'd say let's go play in the snow!!!
I got 4" here, and hope to do some jeepin tomorrow.

Snow was gone later that day LOL 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec. 2016 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by ralf ralf wrote:

Sorry about your license plate Dennis. Did you collide with a black marking pen?

Kids now a days. LOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2017 at 11:39pm
Well it seems I am getting constantly "F'ed" with. Angry

Called engine shop months ago, block looks great still need to check other items, they will call back.

No call back.

Called January 19th. Have not done anything to it. I mention I need prices and that I will probably have them assemble the short block. He said he will make a price list and call me back.

You guessed it, have not heard back.

Think I am going to look for a closer shop to take over and get my stuff out of there.

Ordered used  transmission and transfer case parts from a seller on Facebook. Took a while to get the parts and when I did some gears were wrong. My fault on that since I did not give the numbers on the gears. Told me he would send the ones I need plus some other things. Great! I sent the gears back.  October 2016 is when he said they were being shipped. Still not received.

December called to say I should have got them but I did not. I live in a apartment that has a main entrance door so  FedEx, USPS or UPS will not leave packages outside.  They will either ring someone's door bell to let them in and leave it outside my apartment door or for UPS they will leave their sticker saying they will try again. UPS will leave 2 or 3 stickers then you can go to their warehouse and pick it up.   He said he would look into finding out where it went. Never found an answer for that. Said he would make it right and send more parts.

Almost 2 weeks ago it was posted that me and others parts will be shipped and we will get a message with tracking numbers.

I did not get a tracking number, when asked for a update recently I was ignored.

I get it. Life gets in the way. Family, work, Etc; Things happen, what not. Won't name names, A lot of others have dealt with him and are happy they did I guess. 

Just really frustrating that this is happening.

Vent over.

Edited by berettajeep - 30 Jan. 2017 at 12:19am
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2017 at 1:03pm
I'm in the same boat here. I ordered a pair of headlight trim rings back in October from someone that reached out to me with an offer to sell me a pair. Still haven't seen them. I sent a couple messages to the guy letting him know I haven't seen them. I got 'hmm...I'll check on that.' then no follow up.

I just ordered a new pair from Walcks.

Good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 51>