Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2012 at 12:21am
No real progress. Cry The whole tub is one color now. Hood bolted on. Fenders are temporarily on, need to be stripped further and repairs need to be made.  Also repairing the windshield frame I am going to use, although I have no photos of that yet.  It is about 18* outside and I am out of kerosene for the heater.

Ignore the dust...Embarrassed

Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2012 at 4:10am
Looks like progress to me.  Don't beat yourself up too much. Heck...I'm stumped in working in my garage which is not insulated, but largely because Kerosene costs so darn much!  I wish I could use a log burner, but home owner's insurance isn't keen on it.

Restores Coleman Gas Lanterns and Stoves.
Windmill/well pump hobbiest. (Heller Aller, Aermotor).

1946 CJ2A, basket case status.
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2012 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Jeeper71 Jeeper71 wrote:

Looks like progress to me.  Don't beat yourself up too much. Heck...I'm stumped in working in my garage which is not insulated, but largely because Kerosene costs so darn much!  I wish I could use a log burner, but home owner's insurance isn't keen on it.

Insulation will pay for itself in your situation, start with the ceiling.....Even plastic with taped seams will make a big difference.

Looks like progress to me as well.. The jeep I brought home after delivering the jeep that started all this with Berettajeep is still looking exactly the same as it was when I got it. I have dragged a bunch of stuff down from NY and now I can't even move in my shop. Well at least my tools are home now..
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2012 at 2:33am

Outside getting sun. Test fitted seats. Found a 3A windshield a few miles from me in really good shape. Need to clean it up some then paint it.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:32am
Well drove down to Nashville to meet with wrdabney on Saturday and traded for a very nice 3A windshield.
 Pleasure to meet you William,the Mrs. and the puppy.

Had some time and put the windshield on today.

Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:03pm
Looking great! 

wrdabney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrdabney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 12:19am
Dennis,
I just checked out your build threads.  The jeep is looking great and that windshield goes nicely with it (might need a little paint Big smile).  I'm glad you can make good use of it and thanks for the parts you gave me.  I have started cleaning them up and I'm gonna throw a quick coat of paint on them.  I hope y'all had a nice visit in Nashville and a safe trip back.  It was great to meet you and the misses as well. Good luck with the rest of your build.
William
TnFFC facebook page
President, TnFFC
Tennesseeflatfenderclub@yahoo.com
'47 T3-C # 23839
'48 CJ2A Body tag # 20xx52
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2012 at 9:55pm
Moving slow.....

Moved drivers side seat back 3 inches, a lot more comfortable now!

Had to repair the lower bracket on the back of my seat.  Used piece of a windshield that was mostly damaged.

other then that I cleaned up and painted my drivers side fender and windshield.
Jeeper71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeeper71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2013 at 6:39pm
Dennis,

You driving this thing yet? 

Aaron

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2013 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Jeeper71 Jeeper71 wrote:

Dennis,

You driving this thing yet? 

Aaron

No Cry Have not done anything to it in a long time....
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2013 at 3:12pm
small update.
 Put my dual reservoir kit on...

that is about it.
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2013 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

small update.

that is about it.

Is this the kit that Herm sells? If so, how did everything work out? Did you have a bunch of fab work to get the brake lever linked up and working?
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
porsskar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porsskar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2013 at 7:38pm
Just looking at the tires on the pic from the Korean war pic, the tires look very thick and OD large. Is this a factory spec?
Sten from Finland
1947 CJ2A serial 94118
1949 8NAN Ford tractor
1965 Mahoghany Snipe FIN 14018
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Mike S Mike S wrote:

Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

small update.

that is about it.

Is this the kit that Herm sells? If so, how did everything work out? Did you have a bunch of fab work to get the brake lever linked up and working?

No it is not Herm's kit. I got this from http://www.kaiserwillys.com/
 Not a bunch of fab work but some. I will get some pictures, it will be easier for me to explain what i did.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2013 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by porsskar porsskar wrote:

Just looking at the tires on the pic from the Korean war pic, the tires look very thick and OD large. Is this a factory spec?

That is a question to an answer I do not know.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2013 at 11:36pm
One thing i had to do was add threads and shorten the push rod. Stock one is on the bottom.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 9:56am

For the most part I am happy with how it turned out. Now i will dismantle and paint.
WRMorrison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WRMorrison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 4:41pm
Looks good!  I just ordered the same bracket; hope my install goes as well as yours did.

-WRM
If you're a SolidWorks user, here's a link to my publicly available models: My Models (click on "projects")
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 51>