Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need assistance 49 CJ3A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkas0213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need assistance 49 CJ3A
    Posted: 01 Feb. 2017 at 6:03am
Hello all,

My name is Thomas (Drew) and I currently live in Lacey WA but just purchased a house in Tacoma WA. I have been working on my 49 CJ3A for the past year and have ran into some road blocks where my lack of mechanical expertise has left me with an angry wife. I am looking for someone to help me work on my old Willys and show me a few tips of the trade. Currently I am finishing up a wiring harness, then I need to change out some braking components and then start troubleshooting the motor. Willing to compensate with beer/war stories/extra parts/cash.

Im attaching a picture of my CJ as it sits from everything Ive done to it so far.
Thanks!

Edited by tkas0213 - 01 Feb. 2017 at 6:08am
2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2017 at 6:12am
Hey I live in University Place, I'm not a CJ guru like these guys but am pretty good with mechanical stuff... and prior enlisted so a beer and BS session always works for payment while getting my hands dirty.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2017 at 7:58am
Welcome! To far for me. LOL  There are a few around the Tacoma area, so you should be able to find someone.

Perhaps send a Email to Dave at eWillys.com, He may know someone.
tkas0213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkas0213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2017 at 2:58am
Thanks for the heads up guys! Anything is helpful
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 3:24am
Too far as well, up in the Idaho Panhandle, but ALWAYS post your questions here! The differences between the 2A and 3A are small.

Chances are that someone here has dealt with whatever issue you're having and can give you reasonable advice.

If she enjoys similar things as you, get her out to drive it in the setting you envision using it for. I did that with my wife and she fell in love with my CJ2A. Of course, she's a Montana girl and it didn't take much convincing Wink. Now she wants a jeep of her own. Of course, she'd like something 'newer, but her idea of 'newer' is a CJ7. Thumbs Up Rubicon? P'shaw! Too 'uppity'  and 'it takes no skill to drive this' for her.

And that's a good lookin' jeep! I like your seats. I'm thinking about picking up a couple of Smittybilt seats for mine and they have a similar look.

Apologies for any typos, I'm not wearing my glasses...

Edited by LesBerg - 04 Feb. 2017 at 3:39am
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 3:40am
I should note that she's wanted a jeep since she saw the end scene from 'Terminator', where Sarah Connor is driving a Renegade...
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn

2t2-crash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2t2-crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Welcome! To far for me. LOL  There are a few around the Tacoma area, so you should be able to find someone.

Perhaps send a Email to Dave at eWillys.com, He may know someone.

I'm one of em.
tkas0213 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkas0213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 4:53am
Originally posted by LesBerg LesBerg wrote:

I should note that she's wanted a jeep since she saw the end scene from 'Terminator', where Sarah Connor is driving a Renegade...

My wife loves my jeeps. She drives my "uppity" 2015 JKU Rubicon at every chance she gets. haha
The reason I got the CJ3A is so I don't dump money into a brand new vehicle under warranty. 

The seats are from a 1976 CJ5 I found north of Seattle. Ive always dug the low back seats. 
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by tkas0213 tkas0213 wrote:

Originally posted by LesBerg LesBerg wrote:

My wife loves my jeeps. She drives my "uppity" 2015 JKU Rubicon at every chance she gets. haha
The reason I got the CJ3A is so I don't dump money into a brand new vehicle under warranty. 

The seats are from a 1976 CJ5 I found north of Seattle. Ive always dug the low back seats. 

LOL! Nice! I wouldn't mind having a Willys Edition in Tank Green, myself.
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn

Post Reply Post Reply