Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to this forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CZander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to this forum
    Posted: 26 Apr. 2016 at 3:27am
I am not sure if I am posting this correctly but I would like to introduce myself as a new member and ask some "up front" questions.I use the internet a lot and am on several FaceBook groups but forums are somewhat new to me. Anyway.......
My name is Chuck and I live in Minnesota. I bought a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2 door last summer and really like it. I was looking for a trailer to use for off road camping/Kayaking and came across for sale a 1947 Bantam T3-C for $250. I drove 4 hours one way to pick it up and was able to tow it back home. It is in very good condition and my plans are to restore it for my use. It is similiar to the one I used in the USMC. I drove a Jeep and we pulled a small trailer like this! Memories! Anyway I have started my project and I am trying to fiqure out how to start my project page on this forum. You guys seem to be a good group of folks and already have helped me some on my hitch problem. I have read everything on this forum and it has been helpful.

Questions:
1. Is this still an active forum? (The Bantam T3-C) The posts look to be old. Maybe everyone's projects are complete?
2. Any help with uploading my project with pictures would be nice.
3. Would it be okay to ask you guys some questions? I have several.

That is it for now. I hope that I didn't post this incorrectly. Please have patience with me. I am very computer savey ( I work at a Nuclear Plant as a Supervisor) but like I said forums have not always been easy for me.

Thanks and have a great night (day).
Chuck

Edited by CZander - 26 Apr. 2016 at 3:51am
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2016 at 12:04pm
Chuck,

Welcome and yes it is still an active site and your post is appropriate. There are far more Willys type posts in the other areas then specifically here in the Bantam Trailer area so it does go at times with no posts in the trailer area.

I also run http://bantamt3c.com where I have posted owners pictures and compiled some data on the trailers. Checkout the database there and send me some data on your trailer so I can add it and send me some pictures. 48cj2a@sbcglobal.net

Generally you need a picture hosting site and then you can upload pictures here. Search is your friend here on the 2A Page and if you look down in the How to area it explains how to post pictures. I look forward to seeing what you have.

By all means ask questions galore and we will try to help any way we can.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
42 GPW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42 GPW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2016 at 2:22pm
Chuck welcome aboard post your questions pictures etc. You will find everyone is willing to help Regards, Mike
42 GPW 81835 USA 20186310
1946 Bantam T3-C 10599 (Sold)
1991 M101A2
MVPA Member
NICMVPA Member
CZander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CZander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2016 at 3:36pm
What do some of you use for your photo hosting site to upload pictures. I use a Samsung s7 edge and Tab pro 12.2 tablet with android 6 for my mobile platform.
Thanks,
Chuck
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 1:10am
Originally posted by CZander CZander wrote:

What do some of you use for your photo hosting site to upload pictures. I use a Samsung s7 edge and Tab pro 12.2 tablet with android 6 for my mobile platform.
Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck...WELCOME to the Forum Thumbs Up  To answer your question...I use photobucket.com for my photo hosting.  I'm sure others do as well.  It works for me and I have never had a problem with that site.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Check out my build.  It's located under "Bantam Trailer - Your Project".  Under the title "Started Teardown on My Bantam".  I have heard good things from it but you'll be the judge of that.  

When you do get your pictures ready please post some to see your score.  Would love to see your trailer.  Again, welcome to the forum.

b/r,

Joel
a.k.a. canorisa
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
CZander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CZander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:33am
Thanks for the email. I will look at your pictures. As soon as I figure out how to upload pictures I will add them. I now have photobucket so I will use that.

Edited by CZander - 09 May 2016 at 11:03pm
CZander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CZander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 11:04pm
Joel I wanted to ask you how do you upload more than one photo?
Thanks,
Chuck
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 12:19am
Once you have a hosting site...open a post and then insert the following code:

[IMG]insert web hosting link here [IMG] hit the return key
[IMG]repeat as many web hosting urls as you want between the bracket codes[IMG] hit return and repeat

you can do this as much as you want but make sure the image sizes are at a nice viewable size
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 1:26am
QUOTE=CZander]Joel I wanted to ask you how do you upload more than one photo?
Thanks,
Chuck[/QUOTE]

Chuck:  This is how I load more that one picture into the host site...thecj2apage.

I usually go to photobucket.com, (for example)  Some other people use different host sites.
I then load my desired pictures into it, then....
I go down under the desired picture and go down to the block that says..."IMG".  RIGHT click and copy it.
Go to the cj2apage web page and start your new topic.  Right click and paste it.  The paste will look like something like this..."[URL=http://file name.jpg[/IMG][/URL]".
Add as many pictures as you want using this method.
Always use the "PREVIEW" tab to make sure what your pictures will look like before you POST REPLY.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if this works for you too.

Joel
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
CZander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CZander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 4:09am
Thanks. I assumed that was how I would have to do it. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply