Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Transfer Case
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Output Shaft Yoke/Companion Flange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Output Shaft Yoke/Companion Flange
    Posted: 07 Jan. 2010 at 2:45pm

Group 18-04

Rear Companion Flange w/ 3/4 x 20 Nut and Washer
Part# 116714
Spicer # SP-K2-68X
I have installed C/R Speedi Sleeves on both of my  Seal surfaces to repair them due to excess wear. That is the thin silver sleeve you can see on them. The location of the speedi sleeve must fit the location of the oil seal lips once installed.

Front Yoke
Part # A-1106
Spicer # SP-K2-4-88X

These felt washers go on these up against the metal slinger just above the seal surface area. I find no part number for them nor do they show up in the Parts Drawings. They come in various thickness depending on the source. The purpose is to shroud the oil seal from dust and debris once installed. They should rub on the face of the Front and Rear output shaft seals when torqued down but not apply excess pressure either. A small amount of lube can be applied to the felt face prior to assembly. Pre-fit and compress the felt upon install and push the felt up into the metal slinger.  

Edited by Howard - 07 Jan. 2010 at 3:17pm
Howard F Jewett

1946 CJ2A #23353

43 GPW 106505 USA #20366014

43 Bantam Trailer T3 #14844

52 M100 K1119
scurvdogg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scurvdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 6:06pm
Is there a good alternative to the felt washers?
 Post Reply Post Reply