Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Scavenger Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 12:30am
1947 in puddle in the road near Welston, Ohio - no trailer
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 12:49am
WOW!!!!
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:13am
Stev - the definition of an over achiever! 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:28am
As a guy who used to race Ford 4x4's in the mud and knows what mechanical problems can happen with a mixture of water, mud, and 4x4 truck, I shudder to think what damage has occurred with the almost total submersion of the 2A without the trailer...

...Oh, well...as long as you are having fun...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:31am
Originally posted by Stev Stev wrote:

"I know that license plate is back here somewhere..."
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:39am
When you wheel with these guys you learn how to drain all the fluids, grease all the fittings and repack all the bearings after every trip.
Stev
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 1:46am
How about a picture of a serious trail fix? Some thing crazy?  Got to love a trail fix that requires you to remove the radiator in the woods!

Edited by Stev - 23 Mar. 2017 at 5:31pm
Stev
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 3:28pm
 Yesterday I went out looking for a puddle for this thread. Couldn't find much except this little thing. Can't really compete with "overachiever" Stev.

Stev, 
If you are the first to post on the topic, you pick the new topic.  We've got 70 degree temps here in Northern Utah for the rest of the week, so if you pick the right topic it will give me another excuse for a jeep  ride. (like I really need one. Smile  )

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 6:51pm
New topic is Jeep stuck in the snow.
Stev
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Yesterday I went out looking for a puddle for this thread. Couldn't find much except this little thing. Can't really compete with "overachiever" Stev.

Stev, 
If you are the first to post on the topic, you pick the new topic.  We've got 70 degree temps here in Northern Utah for the rest of the week, so if you pick the right topic it will give me another excuse for a jeep  ride. (like I really need one. Smile  )

All that beautiful snow...we didn't get any here in southeast Kansas this winter except a light dusting once in January. No puddles either. This has been one of the driest winters on record here. Normally we get several snowstorms and some rains from November through March...nothing but high winds and rangefires this year.

At least you got to get Grampa's Jeep out for a spin.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2017 at 7:47pm
It's a strange week here in Norther Utah although I'm not complaining. We had more snow this year than we have for probably 10 years and now we are setting record high temps this week and it was warmer here than in Miami Florida yesterday. In the meantime, the east coast is digging out of one of the nastiest storms in years.  
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar. 2017 at 11:06pm
So I loaded up Grampa's Jeep on the trailer a hauled him up to southern Idaho for some snow wheeling. My cousin has these clown tires that he lent me. We try to crawl along and stay on top of the snow, but it has been so warm here that the snow is too soft to get on top of, even with these tires. The other two jeeps got around this bend, but I spun down and got stuck. I forgot to take the picture before I had shoveled most of the snow away that was hanging up my axles. I did finally get by this spot, but we gave up a couple of hundred yards further up. Fun day even though we didn't get too far.

As always, this spot is quite a bit steeper than it looks in the picture.

I took some GoPro video. I'll post it in a separate thread if I can edit it into something that's not too boring.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 3:08am
Well done Stan! 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 3:34am
How about we get a picture of your jeep with some spring flowers. This probably knocks the east coast out of it but some folks from the south aught to be having some real color popping up now. My niece lives in Texas and I've seen some Blue Bonnet pictures from her that looked great.

So that's it. Your jeep with some spring flowers.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 12:28am
I can actually post the project this time!
Even tossed in a rabbit for free. Sorry they are sideways. Got Easter flowers in the other pic too.

Edited by Becca - 27 Mar. 2017 at 12:31am
1947 Willys CJ-2A
Becca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 12:43am
1947 Willys CJ-2A
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 2:12am
Nice Becca,

Probably not many people that don't belong to this forum would recognize that as a jeep, but we do.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2017 at 3:07am
This is honestly one of my favorite scavenger hunt wins. Very unexpected, outside the box, like a boss win. Well done.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>