Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Project Willys on E-bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Willys on E-bay
    Posted: 23 Nov. 2016 at 12:49am
I have no dog in this hunt, but I see what could be a great project jeep for sale on E-bay and wanted to bring it to the attention of folks on this forum... I hope this is the right place to put this...
It is a '48 CJ2A located in VA. The Ebay number is 302143343791
What makes it special (at least to me) is the chassis - it has a PTO powered front winch, and rear PTO driven by a Koenig dual PTO, AND An Overdrive (reportedly done by Herm)! And a Novi governor. The chassis is all together.. Wow, I'd just like an OD!
The sheet metal looks like a REALLY good start - much better than buying a repop tub! It is stripped and I don't even see any floor repairs! Very clean. All the big parts are there, and many of the little stuff.
The negatives appear to be a VIN number vs. title issue, but there is a VA title. The good news is the ASM and Data plate range looks about right. The engine, trans and T/C are all reputedly "rebuilt" a number of years ago, so there is the risk on these being "done" vs. done well.
It's a $8000 B-I-N listing with a Make Offer option, so there appears room to move.
It's like a Build-a-Jeep kit with enough left to do to put your mark on it, and call it your own!
Jeff
1947 Willys CJ2A Las Flores, Provinca de Buenos Aires, Argentina
1951 Willys M38 Flightline jeep (Southeast Florida)
1954 M-100 USMC Trailer
1954 FORD F-100 parts chaser, 292 V8 Y-Block
oldwilly46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwilly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2016 at 1:02am
hey ron, thanks for putting me on the rite track with cj2a page.  Mike oldwilly46. new member? Take all the o/d off and pto Ill make you an offer?
Life is an Adventure!
 Post Reply Post Reply