Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Started Teardown On My Bantam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 3:05pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2010 at 6:51pm
Thanks rocnroll!.  Have you ever used this product?  If you have, what did you think of it?

Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:41am
Got to play with my toy today and used JB Weld on the two rust out spots on the bed.  Here are pictures of before and after.  Not finished with it yet.  Still have to hit it with the grinder to grind down the spots.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 9:00pm
Just got my wheels for my Bantam today!  Many thanks in advance Glenn Loud.  Next step, Blasters and get them powder coated Cherry Red.

1940's Bantam T3-C
rrivera1833 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrivera1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 9:25pm
Keep it up!!!
2nd LT Rivera/ SSgt Rivera USMC

48 CJ2A
T3-C Bantam #655
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:23am
Originally posted by canorisa canorisa wrote:

Got to play with my toy today and used JB Weld on the two rust out spots on the bed.  Here are pictures of before and after.  Not finished with it yet.  Still have to hit it with the grinder to grind down the spots.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Die'n to see the finished look before paint on the JB Weld Patch...
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 11:08pm
Here is the final finished look on the J-B Weld fillings.  Now I just hope it comes out alright after the sandblasting and the powder coating.  This is my first time using the product so I hope it comes out looking good.

1940's Bantam T3-C
plowmb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plowmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 5:50pm
glad to see you got the other wheel ok, been a little busy the last few days so have not had a chance to check in with you. 
Glenn
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 6:05pm
Glenn:

YES!!! Tongue  I did get the other wheel just as you had said.  Don't know why FedEx had to separate both packages but oh well, you know.  Many thanks in advance.  I will post pictures of the wheels once they have been sandblasted and powder coated but that won't be till at least September cause I'm going on vacation.  Have to go visit my mom and dad first.  They are getting up there in age and, well...it's important to me to go see them.  I'm sure you know all about that.

Hope your mum is doing better now that she is at home.  Take good care of her okay.

b/r,
Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
plowmb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plowmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 6:16pm
Mom is a happy camper since she got home. I am lucky that I live right next to her, (and Dad before he passed in 01)  I wirewheeled the back of the rims to get the multiple coats of pain off before I send them to you. Have a good vacation, Mine are usually working ones, (willys work is fun but often house repairs/restoration etc..) 
Glenn
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 7:14pm
Hey Glenn...that's great that you get to live next to your mum.  I wish I did the same but I'm 3,000 miles away from my folks.  I do have plans to move back close to them but first I have to deal with the wife first.  You know what I mean.

I know what you are saying.  I wish I could work some more on my trailer before leaving but money is the issue with me right now.  I just ran out, lol.  I just wish I had more, lol.  Don't we all, huh!!!  Well, enjoy your mum and your summer this year and keep on working on that MB.  It sure is nice!

b/r,

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 12:42am
Hi all:

I have this old Fulton coupler that came off my trailer but I have been told is the wrong one, although, it came with the trailer when the former owner bought it some 25 years ago, so this coupler has been with this trailer for quite some time.  I'm wondering if it was original to the trailer to begin with.

In any case, could someone out there please confirm if this type of Fulton coupler were original to the trailer.  Also, does someone out there have a different type of Fulton coupler they would be willing to sell...at a reasonable price, that is...

Thanks,

Joel

I went to my local Mom & Pop hardware store and found this 2" Fulton coupler that is similar to the old type 1 7/8" Fulton.

1940's Bantam T3-C
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 5:43am
The originals are similar to your new example, except that the knob is 8 sided (I think) and the attaching bolt is reversed (the bolt is part of the knob and it threads into the latch. There are some pics somewhere on this site, I can't look right now, just found out from the boss that she wants to go somewhere.LOL
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 10:14pm
Gail:

Thanks for the info.  I knew these type of Fulton couplers were different but I guess my biggest question is would they fit?  I was actually thinking of adding a 2" to 2" trailer hitch receiver 8" extension adapter and then add the coupler but will see once I take the trailer casting with me to the store to see if it fits.

I know what you mean about those orders from the "BOSS".  I too have one of those and is best to keep them happy, you know, lol Big smileLOL

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by canorisa canorisa wrote:

...could someone out there please confirm if this type of Fulton coupler were original to the trailer...

Joel - Your Coupler is correct your just are missing some of the original harware (knob, keeper, possible spring and lower cast lock)

Edited by 48cj2a - 03 June 2010 at 10:36pm
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
45 T3-C #191 Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 10:40pm
Art:

I would imagine that finding these pieces for my coupler would be near impossible, huh!?  Any idea where I could find one?  Do you know of anyone who might have a Fulton coupler for sale?

Thanks,

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 11:26pm
Joel,
You are correct they're pretty hard to find and fetch a healthy price like the Arrow tail lamps.

Don't know of any for sale at present.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
45 T3-C #191 Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

Joel,
You are correct they're pretty hard to find and fetch a healthy price like the Arrow tail lamps.

Don't know of any for sale at present.

Thanks!!! Art.  I will keep on looking and I will keep my original Fulton coupler but not sure if I will install.  I might just have it sandblasted and keep for just in case.  I might install a different 2" coupler but we'll see how that goes.

Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>