Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Started Teardown On My Bantam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 3:18am
Joel,
Yeah I have some work to do on it.  But I won't be doing it for a while.
The floor is not to bad.  There is a couple of pin holes so far.  I am sure sand blasting will bring out a lot more of the issues.  Original color was red so I plan to stick with that.
Gotta get a Willys up and going to pull it with though.
Enough of me hijacking your trailer thread.Big smile
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 3:22am
Gotcha!!! and thanks for sharing and don't worry you haven't hijacked anything, lol.

Joel
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2011 at 6:09am
INQUIRING QUESTION.  These are the original chains that came off my Bantam T3C trailer.  How much do you think these chains are worth.  I have had them sandblasted and powder coated black.  I HAVE NOT DECIDED whether I want to sell them yet but would like to know how much they would be worth.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

1940's Bantam T3-C
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2011 at 4:16am
IMO mind you,...the later style hooks, such as those are less
valuable than the earlier military flat style hooks.  Reason: the
later (round stock) style can be reproduced quite easily (just
like Dennisanvil reproduces the 2a tailgate hooks.  The most
valuable part you have there are the wedges @ $25-30 pair.
Hope this helps....Dead

edit:  If you decide to sell them I need another set & would
like dibs.  

Edited by ndrtkr - 25 Feb. 2011 at 4:18am
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2011 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by ndrtkr ndrtkr wrote:

Hope this helps....Dead

like dibs.  

Ndrtkr:

Thanks for your response and for the info.  Like I said, I have not decided whether I'm going to sell them or not but will let you know if I do decide to sell them ok. 

Joel

P.S.  Who is Dennisanvil and what type of hooks are you referring to?  I'm just curious.

1940's Bantam T3-C
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2011 at 10:51pm
Dennis is a page member here.  He is a smithy that has made tailgate chain hooks & other parts offered for sale here on the page.  I have a set of his hooks....very nice!  Thanks Joel, just keep me in mind if you ever make a decision....regards, ....Dead
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2011 at 4:00am
Originally posted by canorisa canorisa wrote:

Originally posted by ndrtkr ndrtkr wrote:

Hope this helps....Dead

like dibs.  

Ndrtkr:

Thanks for your response and for the info.  Like I said, I have not decided whether I'm going to sell them or not but will let you know if I do decide to sell them ok. 

Joel

P.S.  Who is Dennisanvil and what type of hooks are you referring to?  I'm just curious.
if you do a advance search on tailgate hooks and dennisanvil name there is a picture of my tailgate hooks. there are $21.00 a set post paid in the cons, usa. i have them in stock. i hope that this help you.
dennis
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
Annagyijjk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annagyijjk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2011 at 2:34am
I have information about my JB weld powder. I have not tried it myself, you can mix a drop in a piece of metal, let it heal, then put it in the oven and see if you can get it to melt

canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2011 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Annagyijjk Annagyijjk wrote:

I have information about my JB weld powder. I have not tried it myself, you can mix a drop in a piece of metal, let it heal, then put it in the oven and see if you can get it to melt

Even though I love to use JB Weld I found out, through trial and error, that JB Weld does melt in an oven of 350 degrees.  When I took my trailer to get blasted and powder coated I had sealed all the little holes with JB Weld.  Well, they all came out of the oven without the JB Weld on it.  So it did not work out the way I expected it to work out.  But you can try it if you want to.

Just my two cents worth....

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
NorCalRoots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorCalRoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 7:33am
Hi Joel,

Great job on this rebuild.  It's obvious you took a great deal of time to get everything right and it looks fantastic.  

In looking through your posts, it looks like you replaced all the bolts, ubolts, shackles, bushings, etc.  I'd like to follow your lead with my recently purchased Bantam trailer…any recommendations on where to buy all that hardware?  Did you just source it from Home Depot or did you purchase it online?

Thanks,

Brian in San Francisco
"Never argue with an idiot, because, from a distance, no one can tell who's who."
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 5:51am
Hello Folks:

Not to revive this post or anything but just getting back at the person who kept asking me what color I had given my trailer.  I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!  It was in one of my OLD invoices from the powder coating company.  

The official color is BENGAL RED Thumbs Up

So, Sir, if you are still out there and happened to see this UPDATED post, this one is for you.  Sorry, I could not remember if it was on this post that you mentioned it or some place else.  All I know is that I could not remember the color.  I remember you telling me that you wanted this color for your trailer.  Well, better late than ever, as they say.

Thanks,

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678