Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suzuki disc brake project

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suzuki disc brake project
    Posted: 24 Mar. 2017 at 8:21pm
So, one of my projects with my 2A is to swap out all brakes with discs.

I am at the point where I need to get my hubs separated from the drums in the front, but before I do I also have a question about the hub spindle to axle flange bolts

My disc brake caliber brackets were CNC milled out of 1/2" mild steel and as such, the bolts have a bit too little thread engaging the axle flange for my tastes - hopefully that makes sense.

Does anyone have the specs on these bolts as far as size, thread pitch, etc?

I think they are 3/8's bolts? Grade 5 or grade 8? (I'd be upgrading to grade 8, by default, and would obviously want a bit longer bolt for better engagement)
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2017 at 11:11am
My brackets are 3/8" thick so you will need to adjust your bolt lengths for your 1/2 " brackets.  I  used a from a regional store in Ohio called Menareds-   HEX-CAP 3/8-24 x 1-1/4" GR 2028008   12 each are needed.

Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
bigdaddy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2017 at 2:52pm
Thank you, sir!
 Post Reply Post Reply