Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Jeep
    Posted: 29 Jan. 2017 at 10:33pm
Found This 3 years ago at a flea marker in Daytona beach.The Jeep , they were pages from a original Life Magazine July 20 1942.To display them I had to make photo copys of the back side because the information was on both sides.I also found this advertisement of the Willys engine.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2017 at 11:01pm
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.  I also have a bunch of ads that I need to frame.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2017 at 12:29am
That complete slat is not sitting in a wrecking yard no way.. please!!. You gotta have posted that one just to make a grown man cry.Cry
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2017 at 12:33am
Very cool photos Gil thanks! I can't quite make it out is that a Harley or Indian sidecar for the "jeeps" father? Bragging rights! Thanks Joe wadoyado.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2017 at 12:40am
This VC-5 here kinda looks like momma.

Edited by RICKG - 30 Jan. 2017 at 12:43am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2017 at 1:22am
That sure does look like the mamma Ric. You would be the guy to ask. How did they get the jeep in the 3rd ad to fly? Super rare flight pkg? Joe Wadoyado
 Post Reply Post Reply