Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips and Tricks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:28am

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:17am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:29am
All depends on how you wrap it on your arm my friend my cords stay flat.

Dave

Edited by BigBroz2A_RIP - 14 Feb. 2013 at 12:18am
Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:30am
Dave,
Saw nothing on that last post........Confused
BigBroz2A_RIP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBroz2A_RIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 4:33am
< style=":;:1000" ="application/x-dgnria" id="plugin0" height="0" width="0">< value="ff-tab-0" name="tabId">< value="219" name="counter">
Have no idea what is going on with all that junk on my posts.
Dave

Dave S/N 33484
Nashville retired
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 6:07am
Huh! I've been doing it wrong for 50 years and didn't know it! I suppose all my cords and ropes will go bad now. Oh well, maybe it's time for some new ones anyway, some of those are 30-40 years old or more.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2013 at 6:21am
Here's a tip that works for me - If you drop a small part or tool, don't try to catch it. Likely you'll just knock it across the shop and you'll have a he!! of a time finding it, if you ever do. Watch it and listen, so you'll (hopefully) know where it went.
Oh - Another thing that helps, is keep a drain pan full of nasty old gear lube dead center (actually it doesn't matter where) under the car. Anything dropped will naturally land in the drain pan.
BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2013 at 10:42pm
Bondo hair has fiberglass strands in it. Apply it with wax paper on the back side the paper will peel off in 25 min before its all the way set up and will leave a smooth finish easily sanded and taken care of.
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
uncle steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2013 at 11:24pm
Quite often, when I am working with small stuff, I'll make sure I have my dog  very close by..  When you drop something... LOOK at the dog and 9 out of ten times he will be looking right at it... or damn close.. Cats are even better at it..Thumbs Up
Uncle Steve, and I hate it when people say   " boy are you lucky " WHEN in fact..The harder you work, the luckier you are
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2013 at 12:07am
Originally posted by uncle steve uncle steve wrote:

Quite often, when I am working with small stuff, I'll make sure I have my dog  very close by..  When you drop something... LOOK at the dog and 9 out of ten times he will be looking right at it... or damn close.. Cats are even better at it..Thumbs Up

You are 100% right, holy @3$43#4. I knew I fed and put up with my Lab for something!
Haines Garage 5xThumbs Up...Gotta love those Dogs!  
Isn't there a thread about that here...Dogs and Jeeps I mean?
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2013 at 11:04pm
these projects take time and  space. A set of these is very helpful...

'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
DiverDownJames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiverDownJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2014 at 12:58am
Reviving a 2 year old thread about milk and snake poisoning.  (from a half way Dr. here)  Milk won't do a whole lot for snake poisoning, just like activated charcoal won't, because it is injected IV (when they bite you)  if you DRINK poison, milk can save your life, the proteins in the milk will bind most of the poisons because the proteins have a lot of different chemical properties, when milk hits your stomach, the acid changes the shape of the proteins, the poison binds, and then when it reaches your small intestine, your bile (from your liver & gall bladder) will revert the protein to closer to the natural formation, trapping the poison within.  Also, the mixed contents of the milk (protein, vitamins, minerals, etc.) will compete with many of the places that most poisons absorb.  Still, go to a hospital, but if you're in the boonies with a gallon of milk, drink as much as you can.  (The vomiting won't be a terrible thing either, as you'd lose a lot of the poison that way, just don't try to make yourself vomit regular concentration of the poison without diluting with the massive milk quantity, it'll burn just as bad coming up that way)
45 MB#458536
1946 CJ2A#26624 "Wilson"
UPFFC
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2015 at 6:47pm
Cheap jeep cover.
I use a plastic pickup bed liner upside down to keep the snow and rain out of my jeep.
You can find them pretty cheap at yard sales. Or free on the side of the road because they blow out of pickups a lot when not secured.
Also check truck accessory and topper dealers. I found a local one with a pile of free ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234