Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Various original parts required

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Various original parts required
    Posted: 14 Feb. 2017 at 7:01am
Hi all,

I'm looking for the following ORIGINAL parts to assist with my rebuild. By original I mean good used original parts that have been taken off a CJ2A, and in a condition that they can be cleaned, painted and reused. I am aware that these parts are available as reproductions, but I have had serious issues recently with repro parts that don't fit or are wrong. I've come to the conclusion that it's just not worth risking the purchase of a "new" part that turns out is poorly made and doesn't fit. Unfortunately, returning it for a replacement is not really feasible. Consider a $20 part: $40 shipping to South Africa, 50% import duty and taxes, another $40 to return it to the USA when it's wrong, another $40 shipping for the replacement part, and another 50% import and duty on the replacement, which might fit the second time, it might not. That's $160 for a $20 part! And a 6 month delay.

Enough with my rant Big smile This is what I'm currently looking for:

1. Original air crossover tube with support bracket.
  2. Original clamp over the seal between the airhorn and carb
  3. Original tie rod end for the drivers side (connecting the tie rod to the steering knuckle)
  4. Plate/seal/grommet that seals the space around the steering tube where it goes through the floor of the tub. (For a top shifting T90, so no column shift steering column)
  5. Crankcase nut with the cross shaft for hand cranking
  6. Set of top bows for a CJ2A?
The clamp I will take 2 or 3 if you have, either as spares but also to help out other South Africans who might need in future.
The set of top bows is a long shot, but I thought it is worth trying while I'm about it.

I also need the copper washers either side of the banjo fitting on the brake master cylinder. These will need to be new of course, but if I get parts from someone, maybe they also have these for me? It will save separate shipping for some $2 washers.

Your shipping will be to an address in WI of a fellow forum member. He is kindly collecting parts for me and will ship them in one hit to save me shipping every item internationally in its own package.

Preferred payment method is Paypal from me to you, but I suppose I could also arrange local payment from aforementioned friendly forum member and then reimburse him via Paypal.

Thank you in advance!

Mike

1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
Frans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2017 at 7:47am
Mike, I have a set of top bows in Bloemfontein, BUT THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE. If you don't find an original set you are welcome to try and copy mine.
Frans
Frans
Smithfield, South Africa
Tel 0794317256
 Post Reply Post Reply