Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the CJ2A website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What would you like to see on thecj2apage.com?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2010 at 2:26am
I see it as a 'not as good as idea as it seems on the surface' thing also....for some of the same reasons Sam brought up. 

My opinion......set a price on something you want to sell.....you're the only one that knows the least you would sell something for....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
uncle steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2010 at 2:41am
Sam,
I should have been clearer in my original post..   I am just trying to address an issue I have, and that is selling some stuff at a fair price for all, my self included.. I do see your concern.. I have a couple of items that I will be selling, I'll try to lookup the retail price, or what I think it's worth... Then list with a price and best offer statement.. see what happens. Definitely not trying to scam the rules     Smile  ..
Steve

Edited by uncle steve - 08 Mar. 2010 at 2:44am
Uncle Steve, and I hate it when people say   " boy are you lucky " WHEN in fact..The harder you work, the luckier you are
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 11:13pm
Sean,

Perhaps it would help to add a "Useful Links" thread to the FAQ.   Since a lot come here not aware of the resources on the 2A Web site, and, for that matter, all the goodies on your own site, it would be helpful if there were a cluster of them in one post.

One simple example is:

CJ-2A Operation and Care Manual

Edited by samcj2a - 27 May 2010 at 11:16pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by samcj2a samcj2a wrote:

Perhaps it would help to add a "Useful Links" thread to the FAQ. 
Sure!

Add it whenever you want. LOL
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:27pm

Sean,

Perhaps it would help to add a "Useful Links" thread to the FAQ.   Since a lot come here not aware of the resources on the 2A Web site, and, for that matter, all the goodies on your own site, it would be helpful if there were a cluster of them in one post.

One simple example is:

CJ-2A Operation and Care Manual

I may still not know all the ins and outs of how this site works but is there any way a person can save links to popular threads? Kind of like when you save a link to a website in your web browser. If there was a way to set up a forum members "favorite links folder" then it would be easy to post a link to a popular thread when someone asks a question about wiring,  engine rebuilds or what ever. Also, the person asking the question could then save the link in their "favorites" folder. Any way, just an idea.
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:45pm
Mike:

This is a website, your browser can bookmark any thread just as you do with any other web page.

Other than that, "subscriptions" and/or RSS feeds will notify you when something new is posted.

Sean
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:56pm
Also, to build on Sean's suggestion, if you click on the blue dot near the top left of any individual post, it will position that post to the top of your browser.  Then, if you bookmark the resulting location/URL in your favorites, the resulting bookmark will take you directly to that individual post as opposed to the top of the page or thread.
Sam

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by sean sean wrote:

Perhaps it would help to add a "Useful Links" thread to the FAQ. 
Sure!

Add it whenever you want. LOL
Glad to - it did not occur to me that I could do that.  Embarrassed
Sam

GalenHorton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GalenHorton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 5:19pm
I know you're getting a ton of advice, & a lot of what I skimmed through looked good . . . here's my 2 cents, since I'm a history nut, have you ever considered building a "Vintage Photo" section on the home page, or at the very least, a forum segment where folks can post vintage photos?  I love going through the thread on the G503, but I like the way the 3B page has a lot of vintage shots, sometimes with stories.  

Thoughts, anyone?
Galen in Northwest Arkansas

1947 CJ2A
1953 M38A1
2011 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345