Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Body Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windshield Wiper - Manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2009 at 9:21pm
Sean here are some photos of my handle minus the knob.

Looks like that small crease in the first photo must line up with a notch in the knob and with some kind of press fit that is how they must have did it. Hope this helps.
David "Frenchy" French

CJ2A "Speeder" #92440

CJ2A "Tabor" #120378
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2009 at 11:51pm
So the knob was press-fit or crimped, and not intended to spin.

Thanks Frenchy!
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2009 at 3:20am

Sean

That's a good photo Frenchy posted. Wondered about that attatchment myself. If you notice on the two we posted you can see a dimple on the knob that must go into that groove. So wouldn't that be called "staked" in rather that press fit? Just curious about the terminology. Also do you think the knob is nickle or what?

WFB
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2009 at 3:05pm
Allen:
Quote If you notice on the two we posted you can see a dimple on the knob that must go into that groove. So wouldn't that be called "staked" in rather that press fit? Just curious about the terminology.
I don't think that's a dimple, but where the casting sprue broke off.  It is perpendicular to the mold parting line.  Mine is not located over that groove, but offset 40-45 degrees.

I suspect the "groove" was to deform the rod out-of round, & cause interference press fit to the knob round hole.

Quote Also do you think the knob is nickle or what?
Well, I don't know how to identify different metals, but doubt it would be pure nickel.  Can nickel be cast?

It is non-magnetic, so not steel.  Might be pot-metal, like other small cheap pieces.

Sean
regor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2013 at 8:22pm
My blade is exactly like the ones posted, 9 1/2" long. I have it cleaned out and need a rubber. I note that the bottom end is about 1/8" thick and probably around 9/16 to 5/8" wide. Did you have a place to buy just the rubber Sean?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12