Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Body Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windshields - 3 types

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 2:34pm
Gary:

That tab holds the inner frame centered in the outer frame, once the hinge halves are mated.  The tab fits the notch in the inner frame hinge half.

They are normally bent inwards a bit, preventing the inner frame from shifting left-right, and have to be bent out again in order to slide the inner frame out.  I can see where they might break off during disassembly.

Sean

PS, did you get lots of photos of the "Chrysler" '45?  I find myself picking it apart already, with just the corner of the W/S frame showing. Cry  I thought with all their money they would have done better.

Edited by sean - 28 May 2007 at 2:39pm
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:37pm
Thanks Sean, you amaze me with your knowledge. makes sense to me. I can even see the cut out in the inner frame from my pics.....
   I will note however that the early frames had this on both ends of the windshield and the other two did not??....?????.... maybe this dug up something after all?
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:06am
#16279 (intermediate windshield) has tabs on both ends of outer frame.

Oddly, the inner frame has only 1 notch (on the drivers side), so the passenger side tab is useless.

Sean

Edited by sean - 29 May 2007 at 11:43am
2many View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2009 at 8:57pm

http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=9295&PN=1

Sean, I don't know if any further results have come about, but I can confirm this post (#17463) did have the lollipop style with square windshield arm nuts.  Sadly, the front panel was completely rusted out so I cannot confirm the bow retainer plates.  I'm restoring #17831 (without original windshield Unhappy) and trying to verify it's intended configuration.  Any ideas? 

Scott 

Too many 2A's - ask my wife
'45 CJ2A (10231) in progress
'57 FC-150
'74 CJ 6
2many View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2009 at 9:09pm

Ha!  Just noticed your Quick Reference guide and my question has been answered.  Nice work and sorry 'bout that!  Now I just need to find one of those buggers - any ideas on that?!  Thanks again.

Scott

Too many 2A's - ask my wife
'45 CJ2A (10231) in progress
'57 FC-150
'74 CJ 6
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2009 at 2:21pm
Scott:
Quote Ha!  Just noticed your Quick Reference guide and my question has been answered
Well, I've recently received some more data which I haven't incorporated into the guide yet, and may invalidate my theory.

Vehicle # 19xxx has early style lollipops (square nut), but later style frame (w/center locking latch & round washers).

It's probable now, that there wasn't a sharp division between component assemblies, but some intermingling of early/late lollipops & frames.

Sean
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12