Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your jeeping photos for 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your jeeping photos for 2016
    Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 5:59pm
Someone did this on another forum I am on. I thought it was fun. Maybe some of you might want to play along.

What was your jeeping year like? Let's see the pictures.  Here's what I put up on that other forum (www.rme4x4.com). Most of these pictures I've posted here before, but it was fun for me to look through them again.

Started out the year at the Easter Jeep Safari Friday Flat Fender Fun Run. Here we are on Wipe Out Hill.

Here are Bam Bam and Grampa's Jeep pretending they are big jeeps with big tires and big flex in the standard pose.

Tried out some spring snow wheeling in Southern Idaho near the little town of Clifton. Tried the dual wheels out. Didn’t help that much with the NDT tires in the snow. Fun time anyway.

Got hailed on a little. Check out the hat brim.

Tried out some different fat tractor tires for snow wheeling near Soda Springs Idaho. Did a lot better. Stayed on top of the snow for miles. There’s probably 2 to 3 feet of snow under the tires in this pic.

Took my wife for a short ride over Avon pass near Eden, Utah. She won’t ever ride with me so this was a big deal and a beautiful day for it.

Went to the Black Hills with a group of Flat Fender enthusiasts. Beautiful area.

Spent the 4th of July around Bryce Canyon. Lots of beauty there. 

End of July found us back with our Flat Fender friends in Northern Colorado.

Then we ran down to the south part of Colorado to check out the trails around Ouray and Telluride. This was the greatest jeep adventure of my life. Loved it!

Edited by smfulle - 13 Jan. 2017 at 6:01pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 9:34pm
Awesome trips!
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and post them
It was great to meet you this spring, proud to say I was standing there when you put a tire up on Bam Bam's tire
You're my jeep hero!
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Awesome trips!
Thanks for taking the time to take pictures and post them
It was great to meet you this spring, proud to say I was standing there when you put a tire up on Bam Bam's tire
You're my jeep hero!

Dang it Ben! That's why you gotta quit stallin' and come to Oilly's SD run in June! Same bunch of guys, Heck you've met most of us already..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 9:57pm
I know it! !!!
Making a living sure gets in the way of Jeepin
My wife told me I can't retire yet. Something about only being in my 30s and needing to still work
You guys sure are a bad influence   
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 10:47pm
Thanks Ben.

Somehow I dropped my whole 2nd part of the year photos from the original post and my sentimental wrap up at the end.  So here is the rest of it. Where's your's??

Then we ran down to the south part of Colorado to check out the trails around Ouray and Telluride. This was the greatest jeep adventure of my life. Loved it!

Here we are on “The Wall” at Poughkeepsie Gulch.

In September I went to the last day of the Flat Fender Fall Color Tour near Nathrop Colorado where some of us took on the Grizzly Lake trail. That Gatekeeper obstacle is a bear. 

October found us near the little town of Mayfield Utah for the annual deer hunt. My brothers and nephews hunt, and I take the kids for jeep rides.

This winter I pulled the transmission out for some work on the synchros, and after putting it back together we ran up near our home and got this shot of this mountain called Ben Lomond that overlooks North Ogden, Utah, and that always says home to me when I see it looming in the distance. Not really an all-out adventure, but a fun hour out in the winter sun.

This has been the funnest Jeep year of my life. I really want to thank all of you here on the CJ2Apage that have helped me get and keep Grampa's Jeep running. I also want to thank all of you that have organized and sponsored trail rides and gatherings.  Three things make owning and driving this jeep great. 1. The cool and fun factor of driving a 70 year old vehicle to places that most people never see. 2. Seeing and experiencing the beauty and wonder of God's earth, once again in places that most never get to. 3. Meeting and making friends with great people from all over that at the same time are different than me, and the the same as me. Thank you all for a great experience. I'm looking forward to many more years of it.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2017 at 11:37pm
Thanks for the great pictures of Utah and Colorado. I especially liked the photos of Black Bear Pass. I took a 1971 Ford F-250 4x4 over the pass to Telluride in 1975 and I would never do that again! The switchbacks at Bridal Veil Fall were almost impossible for the truck to navigate. I bet I did a twenty point turn to make a couple of the switchbacks. The wife got out of the truck on several occasions. I would never do that stunt again except in a short wheel vehicle like my jeep. Would like to take the ride again sometime, but that probably won't happen. Beautiful scenery and excellent off-road driving in Southwest Colorado.

Again, thanks for the photos. Hope you get your issues with your overdrive fixed so that we can see more photos.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 8:24am
I took a trip down Black Bear in my '89 Wrangler back in 1990.  This was before you could get sway bar disconnects.  One hairpin turn required extra weight on the front bumper--as in two big dudes standing on it so I could get the front axle back on the ground in order to back up.  I guess Jeep didn't really expect anyone to take a Wrangler off the pavement then.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 1:36pm
Thanks Stan,  that was a nice summary of your year.   A wide variety of VERY good photos.

A lifetime's worth of photos,  in one year.    You sure have been busy!!!

Edited by JeepFever - 15 Jan. 2017 at 4:16am
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 2:25pm
The highlight of 2016 for me was a trip to Rausch Creek.   I posted some photos on here earlier,  most of them are of jPet, BobW, and Ryan, but here are a few of mine for this thread.

A short,  kinda slippery steep little hill climb

Getting set up for a tug-of-war with BamBam.   He was giving mine the advantage by going uphill,  while mine was downhill. Smile

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 5:50pm
Stan Thanks for the pics. It reminds me of the Bob Segar song "those are the memories that make me a wealthy soul" Joe Wadoyado.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2017 at 8:13pm
Love those Rauch Creek shots. If I remember the story correctly, Jpet also gave you the advantage of his only having one functional driveline.    Thanks for sharing.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2017 at 4:13am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Love those Rauch Creek shots. If I remember the story correctly, Jpet also gave you the advantage of his only having one functional driveline.    Thanks for sharing.
Even more advantage than that -> BOTH driveshafts were broken.  :(

BamBam had some bad luck on this unique obstacle,  but was amazing earlier in day.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2017 at 8:04pm
Thx 4 posting guys. I am happy to have been a part of most of those events. 2016 was by far my busiest jeep season as well:

1. Jeeps In January - Iowa City
2. Easter Jeep Safari - Moab UT
3. Spring Reunion - Effingham IL
4. Hueston Woods Jeep Rally - College Corner OH
5. Rausch Creek - Pine Grove PA
6. Great Willys Picnic - Kempton PA
7. Black Hills Run - Black Hills SD
8. Northern Colorado Run - Fort Collins CO
9. Black Bear Imogene Poughkeepsie - Ouray, CO
10. Fall Reunion - Columbia MO
11. Fall Colors Tour - Nathrop CO
12. Cheap Jeep's Meet-N-Ride - Tomkinsville KY
13. Patawatomi Offroad Park - Fulton MO

..... I'm signed up for all an more this year even though, I doubt I can do them all again..... I'll try.

Here are a few pics:

Bob and X98 at Rausch Creek:

This is probably my favorite pic of the year. I just wish the resolution was better:

Looking forward to 2017. I'll try to keep up
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2017 at 8:54pm
 I'm not very good about taking pictures. I take my camera along and forget to use it. But this shot pretty well says it all for the high point of my jeepin' year: 

Many thanks to all of you that helped to make this an unforgettable time for Pop and me!   BW

PS: Pop is doing fine, and if he keeps up like he is, he might just join us for the FCT again! Just think, every year, he could break the record for the oldest FCT participant!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2017 at 9:51pm
Jeeping on my Dads property near Ontario OR,Jan 2016. Dads 3a.

Jeeping near Payette ID,Feb 2016

My wife took me to Moab for my birthday she's amazing!!!!
Highlights include seeing Warns amazing cj2a.   

Also met and hung out with the guys from the Epic Willys Adventure!!

Also had the privilege of meeting several fellow 2a members,it was great to talk jeep and see,grandpas jeep,bam bam, and split personality in person. Unfortunately due to stupidity, I deleted these pictures

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 22 Jan. 2017 at 9:54pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2017 at 10:06pm
March 2016 RyeValley OR. MY 3B,Dad's 3A.

Jeeping some country roads.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2017 at 10:12pm
Ben, I love that you share the jeep passion with your dad. Thanks for sharrhing.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2017 at 10:41pm
June 2016 Fruitland ID,
Got to meet Oilleaker and RickG

July 2016 Nyssa OR.
Jeep's at car show.
And jeep meet at my place.

Sep 2016 RyeValley OR. Dads 3a

Dec 2016 snow wheeling at Dad's. near Ontario OR.

Wow what an awesome year of jeeping!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>