Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your jeeping photos for 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2017 at 6:42pm
They snuck in at night!  LOLWink  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2017 at 6:24am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

September: Wheeling at Badlands Off-Road, IN. If you're not stuck, you're not having fun.

..... how did you get into Badlands without a roll bar?

Like Bruce said... we snuck in!
I called ahead of time, and they stated the Jeep was allowed in the park as that's the original design (i.e. not a Wrangler with a chopped cage). Once arriving to the gate, I was sent away and had to be inspected. I believe the Jeep being restored helped my case quite a bit.
It was also customer appreciation day - the only day they've let people night ride at the park. I've been going since I was a toddler and this was a first.
Jerkzack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerkzack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2017 at 2:06am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

St. Andrews! I live about 2 hours from there. (If that's St. Andrews, Canada your sweatshirt is referring to)
1947 CJ2a
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2017 at 3:56am
Originally posted by Jerkzack Jerkzack wrote:

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

St. Andrews! I live about 2 hours from there. (If that's St. Andrews, Canada your sweatshirt is referring to)

That sweatshirt has traveled a long distance to that hilltop near Bryce Canyon, Utah. Around 1995 I was in the US Air Force stationed in England, not far from the birthplace of golf, the Royal and Ancient Golf Club at St. Andrews Scotland. I never went there, but for Christmas my dad sent me this sweatshirt with St Andrews Golf Club logo on it all the way from my home town in Ogden Utah. I noticed that there is a "Made in China" tag in the collar. So the thing traveled from China to Utah, then to England. From England it went to San Antonio Texas were I finished up my 20 years in the Air Force, then back home to Utah. It's my go to sweatshirt on all my jeep adventures and all my other adventures, so it's been to Moab, Idaho, Colorado, and South Dakota that I can remember.

Here it is near Mayfield Utah on the deer hunt.

Here it is on top of Imogene Pass. 13,114 ft.

Here it is high above Cache Valley Utah.

Here it is at Sand Hollow State Park near St George Utah with my 85 year old dad.

Here it is at Hog Canyon off road area near Kanab Utah.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2017 at 12:50pm
A sweatshirt, another part of the legend that is Grandpa's Jeep!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2017 at 8:34pm
Stan, is that where golf was invented, only they call it "goff" without the "l"?LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2017 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

Stan, is that where golf was invented, only they call it "goff" without the "l"?LOL  BW

That's it!

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123