Home

The Old CJ2A Page Message Archive

Please see Questions and Answers for some topics that frequently appear on this board. As you can see, this board loads rather slowly. If you are posting something for sale, please remember to include your location since someone who might otherwise be interested might not be able to use a part or a vehicle that is too far away. Posting your location when you're selling something that needs to be hauled will save everyone's time (and reduce the number of posts on this already too-slow message board). Thanks.

Questions and Answers
Return to The CJ2A Home Page
Re: Jeep Proving Groungs Jeep Inc.

[ The Old CJ2A Page Message Archive ]

Posted by Pete on May 28, 2005 at 10:06:25:

In Reply to: Posted by on May 27, 2005 at 22:00:50:

I have a 3000 PSI pressure washer. I can not recommend it highly enough! Make sure you wear safety glasses and long sleeves. Also make sure that you do the cleaning somewhere that is well away from things that you wish to keep clean (house, driveway, other cars, wife, dog, kids, etc.). Hit the Jeep with high detergent soap (Simple green, Crud cutter, whatever) allow to soak in for a while, then hit the high pressure. That stuff will move! Depending on what level of disassembly you're planning, you can actually do the whole Jeep this way. A large balloon does a good job of sealing the distributor, just make sure to mark the wires before removing them.

: I bought a jeep on e-bay a while back, thinking I would use it for parts, but as I look at the things that are on it, it becomes more important as it is,as it has never been never taken apart. I am now only trying to just remove the grease without taking it down any further. Any good grease removers or is it just the same ole elbow grease to remove the 60 year old stuff? Any new products out their? This Jeep is in good mech. shape just needs a good cleaning and a rattle can. This jeep may be of historical value and I want to keep it as close to the vehicle it was in it's day.

Follow Ups

[ The Old CJ2A Page Message Archive ]