Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Cheap Jeep's Meet-N-Ride - Event Date: 27 Sep. 2018 - 29 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2018 Cheap Jeep's Meet-N-Ride
    Posted: 08 July 2018 at 12:12am
The dates for our fall Willys get together on the farm is scheduled for
arrival on the afternoon and evening September 27, and morning of the 28th. Troy and Julie Cammack are hosting again on the farm at 228 A. Copass Rd, Tompkinsville, KY. Please let us know if you plan to attend.

Dates of planned rides are the Sept 28th and 29th. Will have campfire each night. Troy will have hookups available for campers with 30 day prior notification. Also, space will be available for anyone wanting to rough it with tents.

Several country buffet restaurants and a steakhouse are within 5 mile radius, along with MacD, Sonic, Dairy Queen, 4th Street Café, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. Also several local BarBQue Restaurants. Prices at most for meals will be under $10.

Water will be provided, anything else will be bring your own. Anyone can bring parts to sell or trade.

Motel: Tompkinsville Inn
        1500 Edmonton Rd
        Tompkinsville, KY 42167
        (270) 487-9228

Room availability is first call for reservations. Rates same as last year. Please let them know you are with the Willys Jeep Meet. (Under Marilyn Barnes Deweese)

Contact information:
Troy Cammack (270)407-3078 or home (270)487-6748
Lonnie Deweese (270)670-9038'
Marilyn Deweese (270)427-7001

Any questions give us a call. Please plan to attend this fun filled jeep riding weekend and sharing time with old and new friends. Lonnie, Troy, Julie and I have been looking forward to seeing everyone and being able to share this time with everyone.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
al_minn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 1:56am
Have been anxiously waiting for this announcement to show up.  We will be there and would like to reserve our favorite motorhome spot.  

Al and Marilyn
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2018 at 4:31am
Linda & I will be coming. Making plans for Motel.
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 3:21am
Hoping to make this!
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 8:48pm
Hey guys!
  We are again plotting routes as we speak and getting the farm in order. Looking forward to seeing all who can return along with all new arrivals!
  I will be posting later, some ideas that will dictate our travels this year. This way you guys can give us some input for the weekend. The regular crew seems to be intact here and all seem excited about it.

And yes Al, you and Marilyn have the usual RV spot. And yes you can arrive early as usual! LOL

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 9:45pm
Motel reservations will go pretty quick too I would think.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 2:26pm
Just made reservations ! See y’all there. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 3:06pm
...... .......

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 7:16pm
We will have a room or two at the cabin that will be available if someone needs a place.
I think Cheap Jeep will be taking a room at the cabin and that will leave a few more.
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2018 at 12:08pm
We will be there again this year with at least a couple of 2a’s. Me and Steve will probably come down on Thursday and set up. I would like to request my usual camping spot (have to drive down Al’s property values....)
Troy- we’ll help any way we can, just holler at me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Greg
Sdhharmon575 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sdhharmon575 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 8:49pm
Hey Al be sure & bring your best tow & recovery pcs again.
Never know what that brother-in-law of mine will get us into!
Looking forward to seeing everyone again & having some fun in some old jeeps. Also Troy if possible I may need a hookup for small pop up camper. Nothing fancy just might want to run air & fridge.As Greg stated we will be down Thursday. See y'all later

Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2018 at 4:13pm
Guys and Gals
The boys and I have just made a purchase and need some direction on parts.
We have a possible 1972 M35A2 "deuce and a half" and need first, driver side door hinges. We have the door but no hinges on the cab.
Next, we plan on bobbing this unit and need a M105 trailer if any body comes across one. We will also be looking for the super single wheels and tires to replace the duals.
If you come across these items maybe we can work something out to get them here at the farm for the ride.

Thanks
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 5:05am
What do you do, shorten the frame and put the trailer body on?  What are the advantages of that?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 5:18am
A really big heavy duty bobtail pickup truck..

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 6:28am
Go off-roading and tow a house at the same time?  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2018 at 1:15pm
What I'm looking for is a unit that will be easier to get around and more friendly to drive. I figure if you loose one rear axle you gain HP plus it doesn't have power steering and should steer a little better. We can then modify the bed for a more usable truck for pulling farm equipment around or just plain cruising in the back country.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 10:10pm
Ok Guys
Cheap Jeep decided he couldn't wait for help so he went to the shop climbed a ladder to his top shelf for a jeep tool box then fell to the concrete. He has a shattered ankle/heel and awaiting surgery as we speak. He has also managed to fracture his lower spine in 2 places. Not sure yet what the doc thinks he can do with his ankle/heel but will soon find out. This is the best way I figured to let you guys know.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2018 at 11:15pm
Oh man!.......Troy, PM me if there is anything we can help you with.

Lonnie/Marilyn, thoughts and prayers.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>